any truth to this

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was told today that they will be closing the trails in vega and tuning it into a provincial park is this true???????

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Half true. I actually bought all of it and will be fencing it off. I am turning it into my own personal riding area. I plan to have random sniper towers out there loaded up to keep evryone else out. Sorry.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now i no why i don't post very much on snow and mud any more.BECAUSE OF IDIOTS THAT NO NOTHING ON HOW TO ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear anything. But I do know that they are thinking of closing down the Bruderheim and Redwater area.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These rumors have been started out every year around this time for years. Instead of calling me an idiot why dont you tell us who told you that it will be shut down?

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now i no why i don't post very much on snow and mud any more.BECAUSE OF IDIOTS THAT NO NOTHING ON HOW TO ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION

Wow Maybe you should just stick to PMS.com. Now you really aren't going to get an answer, jus sayin.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was my nephew,and thanks for answering ,haveing a bad day sorry

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Local SRD guy I talked to last year said they were considering blocking access because of vandalism to a fence or barricade they installed to keep people from climbing the hill right by the road as well as the trash that people seem to be able to take out there but don't have room to take to the landfill. Said it's be way easier to haul in concrete blocks and close off the area than keep repairing stuff. Don't even have to stop people then, they just ticket everyone that is parked there with a trailer or deck.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Local SRD guy I talked to last year said they were considering blocking access because of vandalism to a fence or barricade they installed to keep people from climbing the hill right by the road as well as the trash that people seem to be able to take out there but don't have room to take to the landfill. Said it's be way easier to haul in concrete blocks and close off the area than keep repairing stuff. Don't even have to stop people then, they just ticket everyone that is parked there with a trailer or deck.

Another Motorized recreation area bites the dust because of other peoples bad habits and our government idea of just enforcement and little development. People will just ride another area. Oh Ya what other area????

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This area, North of Hwy 661 is "DESIGNATED" as "Vega Riding Area/Timeu Creek OHV Area". Look it up, there is a thingie that the Government puts out. In 1997 the Alberta Government formed the Fort Assiniboine Wildland Provincial Park, South of Hwy 661 prohibiting the use of OHV'S. May-be SRD will build a Staging area instead of having to park by the road, and put in place some means of control blocks to stop whatever they are not happy about. Trash ??? wil be left where ever ???. People are lazy. Just go to any shoppig mall parking area???. trash all over the place.

Bruce.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May-Be Bruderheim, but not Redwater, they recently spent alot of Grant Money on this site. "Trail Reconstuction".

Bruce.

the last report I got was that the people who live near the staging areas in Redwater (range roads) are getting ticked that the ATVs are racing across the roads instead of staying in their area, therefore causing near misses/accidents. These same people that live in the area are tired of the trash being left behind and then I heard that some people are bringing "guns" and firing them off.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that these areas are being threatened to be shut down. Anyone can go and buy a quad or a bike and go ride in the area. Its usually the braindead idiots ripping across the road, down the road, no helmets, littering everywhere etc etc. I've seen it several times at Redwater and I shake my head. God forbid you confront them because all of a sudden your a giant douchebag on a high horse. Next thing you know the uniformed public are calling for closures because a few jackasses gave the whole ATV/bike community a big black eye. Sorry for ranting but I just get tired of hearing about how ALL the ATVers and bikers are ALL a bunch of beer chugging, inbred rednecks without a clue:rant:

Top Bottom