Canada to ban WD40

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any truth to this?
I didn't watch the whole video. But I'd imagine if it is true it's not just the brand WD40 they'd ban,

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard it has to do with VOC's, so many products i would assume.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_100821_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_100821_Chrome.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 110

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't watch the video, but there is truth to it.

WD-40 is just a small part, this applies to all products that emit VOC's. Paint, parts cleaner, solvents, Jerry cans, etc.

I haven't had time to look into it further, but could be drastic changes to a lot of things.

Some items which could be as simple as using a spray bottle instead of an aerosol can. Things like paint though I'm not sure what would happen, as offgassing of VOC's is a critical component of the paint drying and curing.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm betting mosquito spray is on that lost too then?

Could suck. I'm not a fan of changes. Especially like these ones.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The government bureaucrats are full of knee jerk reactions. They do something that they think will benefit something but with no thought about foreseeable consequences. Have they got any realistic thought about what they are going to replace the aerosol cans with/when?
Take the bill regarding Meta, FB, and IG. First of all, we heard about the Canadian MSM complaining about where were they going to get their news because that was a big source of their research. Then people started complaining that they weren’t in touch with Canadian disasters because these weren’t on the feeds. Take the EV fiasco next. Look at all the new rules and presumed lay out but industry is in a quandary trying to fulfill everything. Solar/wind fiasco also comes to mind along with the curtailing of NG in new home construction. Everything they touch or change is just such a huge mixup and makes no sense for the long haul.

Canadians are in for a rough ride in decades to come.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WD40 will work just as well from spray bottle.

TBH l can't believe brake cleen wasn't outlawed years ago. Mechanics will revolt.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The government bureaucrats are full of knee jerk reactions. They do something that they think will benefit something but with no thought about foreseeable consequences. Have they got any realistic thought about what they are going to replace the aerosol cans with/when?
Take the bill regarding Meta, FB, and IG. First of all, we heard about the Canadian MSM complaining about where were they going to get their news because that was a big source of their research. Then people started complaining that they weren’t in touch with Canadian disasters because these weren’t on the feeds. Take the EV fiasco next. Look at all the new rules and presumed lay out but industry is in a quandary trying to fulfill everything. Solar/wind fiasco also comes to mind along with the curtailing of NG in new home construction. Everything they touch or change is just such a huge mixup and makes no sense for the long haul.

Canadians are in for a rough ride in decades to come.

Need to Ban all politicians from doing FA, without the consent of "We the People" and We the People voting on such period. But then again who am i kidding with this many Indoctrinated clowns walking amongst us.;)

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so we band PLASTIC bags to save the planet, and started cutting down trees to make paper bags to replace the plastic bags, and now we are going to band aerosol cans and put the product in PLASTIC containers to save the planet. They truly are a special kind of stupid.
Pretty sure if tree's could put out Wi-Fi they wouldn't be cutting them down at an alarming rate to satisfy the housing crisis though. The loads of lumber coming in is staggering, must be cheaper than bricks though as 1 would think bricks would be more cost effective as there are all kinds of cement plants around and less trucking/machinery work required. But then again that's just an observation on my part lol.

Top Bottom