any sledder on an insulin pump?

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey people, any of you on an insulin pump or know anyone that is?? I am curious about freezeup/malfunction?? Worn under all that toasty clothing \i am thinking should be good, anyone with any input on that would be great!

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey people, any of you on an insulin pump or know anyone that is?? I am curious about freezeup/malfunction?? Worn under all that toasty clothing \i am thinking should be good, anyone with any input on that would be great!
I'm not using the pump but i used to keep my insulin bottles in a bag inside my ski pants in an inside pocket. Between body heat, a sweater, the pants and jacket I never had any trouble. If that helps?

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, my son does that now. Have had no freeze up issues, also used warm packs but he is just starting on a pump. I really can't see any cold issues IF it against body and under coats ect...

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh he's pretty young.I was about that age when i got diabetes, i was 7.I was diabetic for 20 years. I recieved a pancreas transplant 4 years ago. Things in the medical field are only getting better, so hopefully one day he won't need the pump either. Let him know that control of his sugars is key and it makes a huge difference as i am sure you stress to him already. Good luck with the pump,and good to hear another youngster with the love of sledding!

Top Bottom