Any riders on here from the calgary area

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any riders from the Calgary area on here got my bike and have not been out yet i've been working a lot and not got out I picked up a new 2012 KTM XCF 250. Just fitted a light kit need to get my registration and i'm ready to go I have not ridden a bike for 15 years lol. Wouldn't mind some guys to show me some good areas I live in okotoks so McLean Creek and Indian Graves is not to far from me but have not been there yet.

Last edited:

5 Hundy

Reaction score
Welcome, I am in Okotoks too. There are more than a few guys there that are regulars. I work 30 days on/26 days off. So I am available most of the time when I'm home.
RMDRA has a few members in Okotoks and always looking for rides on that forum. Maclean isn't the easiest place to get back into the swing of things unless you know the single track motorcycle trails. Send me a pm if you want to get out in Sept.
Patch

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride McLean whenever I can. I know some of the decent and ugly single track in McLean and am always open to riding with new people.

Best thing to do in McLean is get off the quad trails. Also find yourself a copy of the McLean FLUZ maps. Might fall under Kananaskis maps. There is a nice SRD downloadable version for GPS as well.

Also, join the Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders. They have guided rides as well as play a pretty important role in improving and keeping the trails open.

sent from a top secret location

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride McLean whenever I can. I know some of the decent and ugly single track in McLean and am always open to riding with new people.

Best thing to do in McLean is get off the quad trails. Also find yourself a copy of the McLean FLUZ maps. Might fall under Kananaskis maps. There is a nice SRD downloadable version for GPS as well.

Also, join the Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders. They have guided rides as well as play a pretty important role in improving and keeping the trails open.

sent from a top secret location

x2

Join the Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders. Group rides (Club night) are a fantastic for getting to know the area again and to get to know a few people in the area.
Head down often to ride the area with a few buds from Calgary and also try to duck out of work early when I can to catch club night. Few of us are planning to be out one day this weekend if you're interested.

Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders - Home of Off-Road Calgary

Last edited:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weekly guided rides with Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders is a great way to get back into the swing of things after a few years off the bike.
They have groups of different skill levels and there's always guys to give a hand getting a bike unstuck or upright.

They do a ton of work maintaining trails and fighting to keep access, and working with SRD to get new trails on the map.

Great bunch of guys too.

LID

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding this weekend at Maclean creek?

Top Bottom