Any one tried the arctiva clothing

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had there pants they are nice and warm good for cold days, but when it's warmer out you get wet! And if you order them online be careful about the size they fit big.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 full sets of Arctiva in the past including the Mechanized 4. They are cheap, warm, and usually have removable layers. But they are absolutely not waterproof. Even brand new, the bibs were always a block of ice. I still wear the coat but not the bibs. I will be replacing the coat when I find something I like.

I personally wouldn't buy Arctiva again.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the old saying is You get what you pay for, especially in the snowmobile industry. If you are going to be riding a lot, or in varied and extreme conditions I'd suggest you look at your snowmobile clothing purchase as an investment. An investment in your comfort and Safety.

There's lots of great info on this forum and many peeps have personally tried much of the gear. I have never, nor will I wear Arctiva. I believe in the Waterproof and Breathability the Motorfist Products offer Utilizing eVent. Pretty hard to go back once you've had a dry butt! lol.
If you are looking for a great deal check out non current clothing. I just started at a New dealership in Bonnyville T & T powersports and I have some wicked awesome spectacular deals on Non current clothes, so you can get into awesome gear at a wicked price if that is your main concern. Give me a call if you'd like to see what I have.

Have a great day!

Trish

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is ok for the price. It got me started. I am going with something else next season.

ajb1205

Reaction score
I wouldn't even consider buying any snowmobile clothing (jacket, pants and boots anyway) that are not 100% waterproof/breathable. For the last 4 or 5 seasons I was wearing a FXR jacket and pants that were water resistant, at best, and definitely not breathable. The wrong clothing can wreck a fun day very quickly, especially if the weather turns.

After a ton of research, I ended up buying FXR Mountain gear...the Vertical Mountain Pullover and Elevation Waist Pant. Both are h2o/breathable shells, but layered properly are good to -20 C (I can attest to that). Also replaced my "moon boots" with Motorfist Stomper Boots. This past weekend was the first time going for a true test run...6 hours later...totally dry under all my gear which was a first for me. Spend the money and get some quality gear...it's worth it.

This is a great time of year to shop around as everyone has their gear on sale. Got my FXR and Motorfist for 30% off...better than paying full retail next fall.

Last edited:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the comp5 jacket and it's not bad. Got me started as someone said. Doesnt have the elastic snow band around the waist which I would have liked. Jacket is a bit short too. Seems durable and warm so far but it doesn't breath well. Gets awfully damp under there on a warmer day.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its good for cold weather stuff.

if its warm weather stuff even if its not waterproof you need to layer so it will dry out easy at night. Nothing worse than having to dry your coat and pants all night cause the insulation is soaked.

I wore my fxr jacket and my arctiva pants my first two years in the mountains and the arctiva pants were better than the fxr jacket, but i was soaked and it froze on the way out and had to put a fleece jacket on as a barrier between me and the jacket so i wouldnt freeze to death. then i had to put the stuff in the dryer at night at the hotel for about 3-4 cycles.

NEVER AGAIN. full motorfist gear, 3 pairs of goggles, 3 pairs of gloves and i am dry and warm all day, i change goggles and gloves as needed.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctiva is priced right and definitely warm, water resistant, maybe a lil waterproof for a bit unless in the plus temp then they fail, definitely fit bigger than klim or tobe (only two other brands i have experience with personally) and not to breathable for sure, but for half the price you get half the gear so its definitely not a rip off

Top Bottom