Any info on Yamaha's 2010 sled line up?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just herd from a dealer that they are dropping the Apex Mountain line. There still will be the apex trail machine line. There is some changes with the Nytro and that there will be a 162inch track with fox float suspension.

As far qas what Nytro Ryder said about the 200hp with mcx express that isn't true. McX express will be comming out with a small turbo that requires less money and no head shim and will be less time to install. That is what I was telling Nytro Ryder so sorry for the confusion. It would be perfect if they did come out with that but I dont see it in the near future.
There will be some great deals on left over 09's as theior is still alot out there and around the area. So I would look for the deals and save a few dollars. That is just my opinion.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't see to much new not for an extra $1000-1600 anyhow, On the USA website they still have the apex MTX fo 2010, and if you watch the video they say they have dropped 15 lbs!!!! wow is that even worth writing home about in my opinion. I do like the tappered tunnel but i think you could do that easy enough your self. I just picked up a 09 Nytro MTX for 12, 3 tax-in and I don't think they did 4000 of improvments on the new one. Maybe next year.

I do wonder why all the prices went up is the economy not in the pits? You can't even get a phazer for under 10g anymore. not to sure about that.

oh well at least it doesn't devalue what I already have, I know Cat is infamous for that!!

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
21 lbs lost, new rear suspension, new tunnel, floats all around, front end geometry changed, 162 track with stiffer lugs. The changes are excellent, it is exactly what everyone was looking for short of boost. The 16000 price tag is the issue. But who pays full retail anyways and there will be rebates.

The apex mountain is GONE in CANADA. If you want one, Whitecourt Yamaha has a 08 with a MCX turbo sitting there for 20,500 plus tax. Considering the 2010 apex's are 17000 retail thats a pretty good price.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure the price increase is because of the strong Yen. They arent making as much money on items exported from Japan so thats why the increase. They are at a major disadvantage since they are the only manufacturer from Japan, it will be interesting to see how the pricing is on the other manufacturers. If they price everything the same as it is now then Yamaha will have no choice but to lower its prices, most likely with rebates.

Id like to think that if the currencies ever settle out the prices would come back down. I doubt it though, it seems that once prices go up they never go down. :(

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to take the 2010 Nytro SE 162 for a spin last Thursday. Noticeably better handling and the rear skid works well. The rear skid should handle boost a lot better. Really liked the front end with the sway bar out and the new front end geometry. The Apex Mtn is gone for next year. There's a nice Apex for sale at Slave Lake Yamaha (780-849-5526)with stage 2 MCX, Timbersled front and rear, CE track and a bunch of other stuff for $28k, almost $10k less than building it.

tapex

Reaction score
I got to take the 2010 Nytro SE 162 for a spin last Thursday. Noticeably better handling and the rear skid works well. The rear skid should handle boost a lot better. Really liked the front end with the sway bar out and the new front end geometry. The Apex Mtn is gone for next year. There's a nice Apex for sale at Slave Lake Yamaha (780-849-5526)with stage 2 MCX, Timbersled front and rear, CE track and a bunch of other stuff for $28k, almost $10k less than building it.

That sled hauls a$$. I miss it!:sadbanana:

Top Bottom