Any framers on here wanting to frame a detached 22x24 garage?

ski-doo

Reaction score
Looking for someone to frame a 22x24' detached garage with 9' walls and an 8' overhead door. I just need the garage framed. I can put on the shingles, siding, doors etc. If you know of any good framers or have any contacts please let me know. I am located in Leduc. Thanks in advance.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I was a younger Trash and living in Edm, me and friend would..... frame, sheet and shingle that size of a garage starting Friday after work and done by Sunday. It's really not that hard to do.....

I would recommend storm1972, he's in Red Deer. Shoot him a PM, he might be able to help you or know someone who can?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kinda roof (gable or cottage) and whats the pitch? Is the pad poured ready to go? Have you got packages in place or already on site?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a couple guys.

ski-doo

Reaction score
Its a gable roof 4/12 pitch. Pads poured already. Lumber is ready for delivery just need to give them 2 days notice.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get all your permits?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think he would make a thread about needing framers, if he didn't have everything ready....... On a side note.... if you look at crow's sig line, he might be able to help you too.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think he would make a thread about needing framers, if he didn't have everything ready....... On a side note.... if you look at crow's sig line, he might be able to help you too.

Get calls all the time ppl not even close to ready ..no pad poured don't even know what trusses are...no concept think you just roll up pour crete out the box of your truck and start framing...that's why I ask 2 or 3 simple questions can usually tell if they have a clue but sounds like ski-doo has all his ducks in a row...

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get calls all the time ppl not even close to ready ..no pad poured don't even know what trusses are...no concept think you just roll up pour crete out the box of your truck and start framing...that's why I ask 2 or 3 simple questions can usually tell if they have a clue but sounds like ski-doo has all his ducks in a row...
Tell me about it, it's part of what we do. Asking a few simple questions can save a lot of time and cost though.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get that too, when estimating houses or basements for drywall. "we want to put a wall here, and a closet over there" lol

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that too, when estimating houses or basements for drywall. "we want to put a wall here, and a closet over there" lol

Or the infamous,
"we want to remove that wall!"
Well its a load bearing wall so ill have to add a dropped beam and...
oh no we dont want anything dropped in the ceiling
Well i can do a flush beam with hangers but have to pull back plumbing, heating and electrical and add couple mechanical space buildouts
ohhh thats sounds expensive...dont think we want that...
Ok I think were done here....pffft some home owners just don't get it or dont care and just want what they want

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and you need to sit down and have a coffee sometime, might be good entertainment. Then we can plan quad trips instead of jobs.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definetly...im into meeting fellow framers, and if your looking for work have lots of houses coming up..but all in edmonton and st albert little bit of a commute for ya.. always into planning quadding trips...just a hop and skip for ya to my camp from clyde...

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loved framing residential , thanks for recommendation Trashy, currently I'm putting it on the back burner, there simply isn't any money in framing anymore, only reason guys are able to do it for 6-7 sq ft is because they are cutting corners and barely scratching the surface of meeting code requirements. It's too bad, I really enjoyed it but refuse to sacrifice quality just to get a contract. Sooner or later homeowners will wise up to the fact that you get what you pay for :)

Top Bottom