Any clutching changes on 2018 skidoo?

gsteve

Reaction score
Not sure where you came up with this ? But you're info maybe correct for you and Maxwell but is incorrect.
Sorry.

let me guess.... youre one of those special ones that hits full shift out during climb

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the 18 with the fan clutch in action yesterday 30-40 degree lower belt temps then the 17 clutch. Temps were still to 230ish which is to high but belt didnt let go but was just about ready to it did pull a cord. Snow was deep 3-4 feet we rode all our fuel and jerry cans plus a little more and ran out like 3k from the trail head.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Seen the 18 with the fan clutch in action yesterday 30-40 degree lower belt temps then the 17 clutch. Temps were still to 230ish which is to high but belt didnt let go but was just about ready to it did pull a cord. Snow was deep 3-4 feet we rode all our fuel and jerry cans plus a little more and ran out like 3k from the trail head.

Seems you talk a lot of talk, but no photos, always great when guys like to post they have all the new stuff, to try and make them look special, especially when they don't. The calibration is just being finalized for 2018 and any sled you have seen or ridden does not have the sum of all the final parts. The new calibration is buttery smooth, very linear and works, the best part is guys who are having issues will be happy to see this on their 2017's and 2018 owners will be happy as well. I will have a 2018 175 with all final clutching soon in my hands and will be doing some vids on it. cheers dave

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems you talk a lot of talk, but no photos, always great when guys like to post they have all the new stuff, to try and make them look special, especially when they don't. The calibration is just being finalized for 2018 and any sled you have seen or ridden does not have the sum of all the final parts. The new calibration is buttery smooth, very linear and works, the best part is guys who are having issues will be happy to see this on their 2017's and 2018 owners will be happy as well. I will have a 2018 175 with all final clutching soon in my hands and will be doing some vids on it. cheers dave
Thankyou Dave for keeping us in the loop and remaining a class act with all the trolls on here.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting the real info out there.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the 2017's are gonna get a whole new primary?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PowPirate

Reaction score

I very much look forward to your videos explaining the technical changes to the 18's motor mounts and clutching.. I do have first hand knowledge of one thing though. The new belt! I was one of the testers for the new belt this winter and it only lasted 403kms before cords were hanging out of it. Only 1 day of the 403 kms was deep and the rest were more set up traction snow. I am not sure if they gave me the exact belt that will be in production or not, I just know I tested a different belt that didn't last a damn bit better.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I very much look forward to your videos explaining the technical changes to the 18's motor mounts and clutching.. I do have first hand knowledge of one thing though. The new belt! I was one of the testers for the new belt this winter and it only lasted 403kms before cords were hanging out of it. Only 1 day of the 403 kms was deep and the rest were more set up traction snow. I am not sure if they gave me the exact belt that will be in production or not, I just know I tested a different belt that didn't last a damn bit better.
Now add better calibration, new motor mounts and the clutch sheave and belt guard and maybe it will live? We will have to wait and see what the final set up becomes with the 18's and for the 17's.

PowPirate

Reaction score
Now add better calibration, new motor mounts and the clutch sheave and belt guard and maybe it will live? We will have to wait and see what the final set up becomes with the 18's and for the 17's.

I hope it all comes together.. These sleds are so awesome, it would be nice to see them work the way they should and be able to not have blowing a belt in the back of your head.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Say what you want clutch wasn't on my sled but i know what i saw. I suppose i could have taken a picture of the temp gun but i never though to. The new clutch is on Renes sled and he has blown 3 belts since installing it. Go ahead and ask if you like but i know it's the truth and don't give to ****s what you say cuz it's most likely a lie or coverup anyway.

PowPirate

Reaction score
Say what you want clutch wasn't on my sled but i know what i saw. I suppose i could have taken a picture of the temp gun but i never though to. The new clutch is on Renes sled and he has blown 3 belts since installing it. Go ahead and ask if you like but i know it's the truth and don't give to ****s what you say cuz it's most likely a lie or coverup anyway.

Since Norona is making condescending accusations toward you which is really professional for a "ski-doo backcountry expert", I will chime in.. Yes, you are right Rene has been testing a different inner half. I am not sure if it is the production cast version or the UHMW version they were originally testing, but the point is, yes he has been testing a fan bladed inner half.

Considering the BS that Norona fed all of us at club BRP last spring about bulkheads that were engineered to be stronger than A-arms, 40% less oil consumption than an 800 and cooler than ever before clutches, I am more inclined to listen to and trust a random guy on a forum or a bum on a street corner, when it comes to my decisions of buying a new sled.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since Norona is making condescending, accusations toward you which is really professional for a "ski-doo backcountry expert" I will chime in.. Yes, you are right Rene has been testing a different inner half. I am not sure if it is the production cast version or the UHMW version they were originally testing, but the point is, yes he has been testing a fan bladed inner half.

Considering the BS that Norona fed all of us at club BRP last spring about bulkheads that were engineered to be stronger than A-arms, 40% less oil consumption than an 800 and cooler than ever before clutches, I am more inclined to listen to and trust a random guy on a forum or a bum on a street corner, when it comes to my decisions of buying a new sled.
Remember the time the t3 was getting a light weight can.

That was a good one too.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since Norona is making condescending accusations toward you which is really professional for a "ski-doo backcountry expert", I will chime in.. Yes, you are right Rene has been testing a different inner half. I am not sure if it is the production cast version or the UHMW version they were originally testing, but the point is, yes he has been testing a fan bladed inner half.

Well if anyone can put a sled to the test Saint Orange can and if he says it is good then it will last me a lifetime. Lol So I am anxious to here what he has to say about his testing

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone can put a sled to the test Saint Orange can and if he says it is good then it will last me a lifetime. Lol So I am anxious to here what he has to say about his testing

I was back to the lodge 1 week after the first day i rode with him using the 18 clutch. He had blow 3 more belts sice with that setup. He hasn't blowen any sice but has been sitting on a beach down south for 2 weeks so belt count is still sitting at 2.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember the time the t3 was getting a light weight can.

That was a good one too.

You mean 2015 when they had to modify the can before it was released. Went to pick up my snow check and my X package snow check had no coating on the rails, spindles, risers, chain case or break cover. Ever sp modle on the floor has powder coating and my X package didn't. Sure had coating in every picture when ibput my deposit for the T3 though. Must have been where they came up with the money to redo the exhaust by ripping off guys that had already put a ****ing deposit.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah I thought his post was pretty unprofessional as well. Spokesmonkeys are supposed to be happy ALL of the time.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean 2015 when they had to modify the can before it was released. Went to pick up my snow check and my X package snow check had no coating on the rails, spindles, risers, chain case or break cover. Ever sp modle on the floor has powder coating and my X package didn't. Sure had coating in every picture when ibput my deposit for the T3 though. Must have been where they came up with the money to redo the exhaust by ripping off guys that had already put a ****ing deposit.

i agree 100% about sleds coming with no colours on them when they were suppose to , shame on you brp

Top Bottom