Any clutching changes on 2018 skidoo?

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats really funny is how easy it is to see who the haters are and jealous of Dave, wishing they were in his shoes. Keep posting guys, your envy is a good chuckle..

PowPirate

Reaction score
Whats really funny is how easy it is to see who the haters are and jealous of Dave, wishing they were in his shoes. Keep posting guys, your envy is a good chuckle..

You're right.. I really wish I was not a full time sled bum, shredding pow in Sicamous all winter long... That really starts to get old after a while. All that snow in my face going down hill all winter has really started to suck. I wish I had a job spreading marketing BS for a corporation instead. I would then also be loved by all the riders who bought $17,000 sleds that were EXACTLY what I told them it would be..

Graham_r

Reaction score
lol!!!! ok so drop a couple teeth use more clutch face and loose a couple MPH ground speed. READ WHAT YOUR SAYING MAN!!\

you can change gearing and ramps and springs all you want. if your machine is hitting rated rpm and maintaining it through load it does not matter how much of the clutch face you are using.

add 50 HP with the same gearing and now its using more clutch face and making more ground speed. this is really simple stuff

throw tractor gearing in, use more clutch face.....make the same ground speed at the stock calibration.

we should all go to the hill one day. all you tuning wizards with your different springs/ramps/helixes and compare our calibrations. one might say the sled reacts different and in a more preferred way to stock but as far as performance on the hill give me a break.

if your machine is not hitting or maintaining rated RPM through load then yes you need a calibration change and YES it will make a performance difference.

You really have no idea do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
https://youtu.be/qxvP9i-dTWA
Older vid from another post but I bet 24 Heineken I win coolest belt temp, hands down, errr, hands on clutch.

Primary-p85 with 911 cover, balanced at Indy Specialties.
Secondary-90's Polaris old school 3 button clutch.
Engine-6lbs boost. Turbo Poo 800. Maybe 200hp give or take.
1500 vertical feet.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daag44

Reaction score
1500 vertical bud. Hardly a freeway. It ain't worth explaining if you can't comprehend what your lookin at. Mmmm, poutine sauce.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

8250....What a sweet pitch!!! After seeing so many 850s over rev in the 8100+ range I am beginning to wonder how many of you guys jumped off of a Polaris or Arctic Cats. Ski-Doos are further towards undersquare with longer strokes.

Top Bottom