Anti-stab kit install?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I picked up an Ice Age anti-stab kit at the sled show. I'm installing it on the stock rails on my 2013 pro. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I cut up my rails. Are guys installing the ant-stab shaft in the same hole as the stock cross shaft with the limiter strap, or are they drilling new holes somewhere else?

Thanks for any help.:beer:

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same holes as cross shaft and use it for your limite aswell, but unless you are putting on extroverts and cutting your rails they are definately not needed in stock configuration..

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same holes as cross shaft and use it for your limite aswell, but unless you are putting on extroverts and cutting your rails they are definately not needed in stock configuration..

Thanks. Just want to be sure. Yup, extroverts are my plan.

48janke

Reaction score
Im going to be installing avid drivers and an anti stab kit as well just wondering if u guys know how much exactly has to be cut off the rails?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since the axle for the stab wheels uses the exitstng holes, I'd say that the rails just need to be trimmed back so they don't stick past the OD of the wheel. I'm marking mine out tonight so I'll take a picture. You guys can correct me if I'm down the wrong track... before I start cutting.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here's the plan... as I understand it.

53639d3834d36c2f8eef06badc0baae2.jpg

2f4f73cbdd48622486d9ec627a978f38.jpg

2a3a59f5bc169be2000731ace2ebc1e3.jpg

543feb223660c603e7f1708fe9fd6353.jpg

Reaction score
Hey guys I am doing the exact same thing great pics thanks let us know if this works because if so you made it real easy to understand thank you.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I cut mine I was able to re-use the end caps as well. Looks like a factory job. I just oversized the hole on the end caps and used the anti-stab shaft to hold in in place.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK so no one commented "What the he!! are you doing!" so I must be good to go. The saw comes out tonight.

Reaction score
The only issue i see with holding the end caps on with the anti stab kit is when the plastic wears out the axle will loosen off. Unless you guys are planning on making a hole large enough for the anti stab axle to sit tight against the rail? Any more comments on this would be great and also correct me if i am misunderstanding how you are attaching the stock rail tips.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cannot use stock rail tips if you use extrovert drivers, they will jam on the driver cogs. Your rail marks are correct just leave enough on your rails to use the front screw for your hi fax to attach. When you attach your hi fax you will have to shave them on the front so your track doesn't hang up. Also use high strength tread loc on your anti stab bolts, if you loose a bolt you could stab your track. Bin there done that not cool. Good luck

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finished cutting the rails tonight. Everything is ready to go for powder coating tomorrow.

b674766eda26dc8c3da691eca727b837.jpg

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cannot use stock rail tips if you use extrovert drivers, they will jam on the driver cogs. Your rail marks are correct just leave enough on your rails to use the front screw for your hi fax to attach. When you attach your hi fax you will have to shave them on the front so your track doesn't hang up. Also use high strength tread loc on your anti stab bolts, if you loose a bolt you could stab your track. Bin there done that not cool. Good luck

Wrong!

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 295

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys need a little help. I installed a 174 by 2.5 inch camo. I went with the 8 tooth avid drive and after I got everything cut and installed on the sled it seems my anti stab wheels which i got from ice age seem too small ???? there is about 1/4 inch from the track to the anti stab wheel and when I turn the track it seems to be hitting the slider will the slider wear in ?

Last edited:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys need a little help. I installed a 174 by 2.5 inch camo. I went with the 8 tooth avid drive and after I got everything cut and installed on the sled it seems my anti stab wheels which i got from ice age seem too small ???? there is about 1/4 inch from the track to the anti stab wheel and when I turn the track it seems to be hitting the slider will the slider wear in ?

I put a bevel on the leading edge of the sliders to accommodate the wheels. Works fine no issues.

Top Bottom