Another user finally introducing himself

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Figured this year I would become an active member of the forum instead of just a bystander. I am from Devon, Alberta and just got my 2008 Summit Rev XP 800 154 yesterday. Gonna be a little different from my 2000 700 136, that's for sure. I am very excited and can't wait for the white stuff to fall. Probably looking to go to McBride the first weekend of December, hopefully there is a ton of snow in the Renshaw by then!

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well welcome neighbor im across the river , im new here as well maybe we can hook up for sledding sometime this winter , see you around

GRD

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Figured this year I would become an active member of the forum instead of just a bystander. I am from Devon, Alberta and just got my 2008 Summit Rev XP 800 154 yesterday. Gonna be a little different from my 2000 700 136, that's for sure. I am very excited and can't wait for the white stuff to fall. Probably looking to go to McBride the first weekend of December, hopefully there is a ton of snow in the Renshaw by then!

Congrats on the new sled... Should be lots of fun to ride...

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats on the new sled, welcome to the site, that should be a lot of fun

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well welcome neighbor im across the river , im new here as well maybe we can hook up for sledding sometime this winter , see you around

Do you know of any decent trails along the river? I would like to do some more exploring locally this year.

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got my sleds last year , But i have explored the river vally last winter there are some trails that you can run from devon threw the valley to calmar with a few road crossings , as well on the north side along the river to goldenspike and around , i havent tried toward edmonton , but ive been told there are trails you can get threw toward there, but i guess it all depends on the snow we get, and right now i dont think it looks to promiseing as its late this year, not like last year , i might have to get some new rubber on my lil trailer and hual them to the hills for my frist ride ,

Last edited by a moderator:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know of any decent trails along the river? I would like to do some more exploring locally this year.

Ya, there sure are some trails and riding areas along the river, born and raised in the Golden Spike area. Just west of you on Graminia RD. there is a pit that the county is digging out of growing up we always called it "Bailey's flats" it's pretty good in there, another area just south of my farm there used to be an old ski hill, if it's not iced up there can be some good pulls, then of course the old bar in Calmar for a drink, a buddies favorite. Speaking of which i heard the police are clamping down on this little ritually where guy's stop in with sled's/ quad's for a drink and then carry on there way. Anyway hope for snow and us local guy's will go for a rip, should be able to get a pretty good group lots of guy's from Stony/ Spruce area.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be great, there would be at least 4 of us from Devon/Thorsby if not more that would be interested in getting together and checking out some local terrain

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, there sure are some trails and riding areas along the river, born and raised in the Golden Spike area. Just west of you on Graminia RD. there is a pit that the county is digging out of growing up we always called it "Bailey's flats" it's pretty good in there, another area just south of my farm there used to be an old ski hill, if it's not iced up there can be some good pulls, then of course the old bar in Calmar for a drink, a buddies favorite. Speaking of which i heard the police are clamping down on this little ritually where guy's stop in with sled's/ quad's for a drink and then carry on there way. Anyway hope for snow and us local guy's will go for a rip, should be able to get a pretty good group lots of guy's from Stony/ Spruce area.
hey we must be real close neighbours i live on gramina rd too

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey we must be real close neighbours i live on gramina rd too

Crazy, we've probably waved at each other passing through the field. If we get any damn snow around here we could go for a ride. And that's why i'm going to the mountains next week for the week, i'll try and get looks of pics and post under its appropriate topic.

Pray for snow boy's!!!!

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey that was probably you i saw rideing threw my property last winter then , lol , kidding hey , if we do get snow im on the hill rite at the corner of 60 and gramina sled up to the house and say hi , oh yeah you can cut across the 48 any time im sled frendly and atv frendly here

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey that was probably you i saw rideing threw my property last winter then , lol , kidding hey , if we do get snow im on the hill rite at the corner of 60 and gramina sled up to the house and say hi , oh yeah you can cut across the 48 any time im sled frendly and atv frendly here

SW corner? swamp to the south of ya? Was by there the other day.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know exactly where your at...i'm at the opposite end, i'm on Graminia Rd and golden spike..not far from you at all. Ha, "the swamp" seems everytime i go through there somebody is stuck in that ditch!!!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think so, I went to High School at Pigeon Lake. I can't wait to try out the XP. Have you had any troubles with yours yet? I now have the jerry can on and ready to go. My MBRP exhaust is not as loud as the MBRP on my 2000 Summit 700 (But back then they made the "Race" version, not just the "Standard").

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I know exactly where your at...i'm at the opposite end, i'm on Graminia Rd and golden spike..not far from you at all. Ha, "the swamp" seems everytime i go through there somebody is stuck in that ditch!!!

Did ya guys put your pin point on the Member Map ?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Don't think so, I went to High School at Pigeon Lake. I can't wait to try out the XP. Have you had any troubles with yours yet? I now have the jerry can on and ready to go. My MBRP exhaust is not as loud as the MBRP on my 2000 Summit 700 (But back then they made the "Race" version, not just the "Standard").

My hand warmers quit on the XP and so did three of my friends so be prepaired. the RER button fell out also, it didn't break just fell out you should try popping yours off and dab a little loktite crazy glue on it. Those were the only issues I had other than that the machine is a KILLER. :D

p.s. I put the "thing can" on mine and it sounds dope

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check the RER button, and come prepared with multiple pairs of gloves. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom