another reason to wear a tether

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And doo's key is the teather. I just installed teathers on my cats. only took me 3 years to get to it. But hey safety first.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that doesn't motivate a guy i don't know what will. Cheap insurance if you use it

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had two cats in two days run wide open upside down! I thought i might have to rescue the one guy, the other one was me. you never worry until its too late! ordered tethers for all my families sleds now. kinda stupid to not have them, a biker has leathers but on a sled you need basically the opposite! was a eye opener for me.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my leg pinned under my sled a number of year ago with the track still turning, without the throttle pegged and I was wearing a tether. I have the burnout marks on a pair of FXR pants to prove it. Just the track with no load on it just above engagement pretty much burned holes in them and bruised my leg up pretty good. It was a major reminder for me I'll never forget and it was nowhere near as bad as these other ones.

Also witnessed a buddy have his throttle freeze open on a whooped out trail. By the time he realized what was going on, he got bucked off hard enough it exploded a plastic bottle of Mountain Dew in his pack and when the sled endoed, luckily the throttle unstuck. Could have ended up hitting someone else.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also witnessed a buddy have his throttle freeze open on a whooped out trail. By the time he realized what was going on, he got bucked off hard enough it exploded a plastic bottle of Mountain Dew in his pack and when the sled endoed, luckily the throttle unstuck. Could have ended up hitting someone else.

I had the throttle freeeze up on my mod T-cat a number of years ago (really deep snow and some got down into the cable at the throttle block), came around a corner to a straight and opened it up to stretch her legs, when I went to back out of it, she was stuck wide open. Hit the kill button and very lucky that we were alone on a forestry road and I had lots of road to run out left before the next corner. I was doing around 75-80 mph. Its amazing the little things that will make a throttle stick, even just a few frays on the cable or a little bit of snow or ice. The tether won't help when its wrapped around your handlebars.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the throttle freeeze up on my mod T-cat a number of years ago (really deep snow and some got down into the cable at the throttle block), came around a corner to a straight and opened it up to stretch her legs, when I went to back out of it, she was stuck wide open. Hit the kill button and very lucky that we were alone on a forestry road and I had lots of road to run out left before the next corner. I was doing around 75-80 mph. Its amazing the little things that will make a throttle stick, even just a few frays on the cable or a little bit of snow or ice. The tether won't help when its wrapped around your handlebars.

For sure. This one, was on an M chassis Cat and he was using a Powermadd throttle extension. Snow was deep that day and it was on the way back to town and we're pretty sure the extension cable box froze and stuck. Happened just coming off the Daisy trail at Cooke City, turning on the highway back to town.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
seen a post on this guy 3rd degree burns all over his back from the track even showed pics. nasty stuff be safe out there guys and put a tether on.

bru_nel

Reaction score
This is an eye opener for me. I put a tether on my M1000 last season but rarely wear it. Think I'm gonna start wearing it though, cause this **** is scary.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to ruin anyone's breakfast, but think about how this would have turned out if his buddy wasn't anywhere nearby and wasn't available to help.

I always wear my tether...

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I wear my tether and all jackets have make a neat little ring on the bottom to clip it too

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scary stuff!

Could a guy run both a cordless and corded tether? I'm waiting on my corded for my new m8, but this got me thinking...

Also, out for a local rife and I noticed one of my buddies didn't have his helmet buckled for ease of pulling it up to talk, etc. That scares the pants off of me.

A few years ago, I saw a accessory 'quick connect' for a helmet strap. Does anyone know where I could source one for him? I figure at least if I buy him one it might raise awareness and offer up a simple solution

Ride safe this season folks! It's looking like it's going to be a gooder!!!!

ABDoo800

Reaction score
I have been kind of negligent in wearing my tether but after watching a few of these type videos, I can guarantee it will be used 100% of the time from this day forward.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scary stuff!

A few years ago, I saw a accessory 'quick connect' for a helmet strap. Does anyone know where I could source one for him? I figure at least if I buy him one it might raise awareness and offer up a simple solution

Snobunje Canada- Snowmobile Accessories, Pulling Tools, SuperClamp Tie Down, Avalanche Equipment Snow Bunje Canada has them, they are located In Reddeer. I have ordered from them before and they shipped my parts to me. Had a good experience with them.

http://snobunjecanada.com/store.php?crn=112&rn=279&action=show_detail

Top Bottom