Another one down

96sherm

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and order up some RKTek top end parts. I did and it sure made a difference. I ordered from David (feethookersCanada) a site member and sponsor. The RKTek stuff is awesome.

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Ya well at least its only a top end and not a whole complete engine (crank, crank seal etc...), like myself. When you do your top end, do it once and do it right. I took mine to Chrisco at Parkland for top anand bottom end, stage 3 slp , clutch kit and some other goodies. The best things I recommend are the MTNTK top end "fix" kit, pink power valve springs and the stage 3 slp kit. You will love your pro after that, run stock 70 gram weights and do some working around with the gearing and you will have a sled that hauls massive amounts of ass. If you feel like changing the primary spring I would personally go with a titanum one.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TARRANT, not sure I understand this. Was it off warranty?? I blew four motors in my Assault with a MBRP can and AOP was great about it. They covered it under warranty except for the last one, which they payed the parts bill and I covered the labour because it was off warranty. If you have a problem contact Polaris, don't bad mouth AOP, I'm sure they did everything they could.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TARRANT, not sure I understand this. Was it off warranty?? I blew four motors in my Assault with a MBRP can and AOP was great about it. They covered it under warranty except for the last one, which they payed the parts bill and I covered the labour because it was off warranty. If you have a problem contact Polaris, don't bad mouth AOP, I'm sure they did everything they could.

You blew four motors and continued riding that junk? Why do some people punish themselves to that extent? After the 2nd motor id jump ship thats for sure.The dealer screwed you straight up, and thats too bad man,never in a million years would my dealer do that to me, but mine is a cat dealer and they aren't dealing with near as many blown up motors on warranty, maybe the dealer has had to fix so many blown motors they are sick of it, only getting paid warranty rate on labour is definitely less than what they charge customers for shop rate

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You blew four motors and continued riding that junk? Why do some people punish themselves to that extent? After the 2nd motor id jump ship thats for sure.The dealer screwed you straight up, and thats too bad man,never in a million years would my dealer do that to me, but mine is a cat dealer and they aren't dealing with near as many blown up motors on warranty, maybe the dealer has had to fix so many blown motors they are sick of it, only getting paid warranty rate on labour is definitely less than what they charge customers for shop rate

Oh, I know...I wasn't impressed. But, what does a person do, scream and yell at the dealer?? They sell the product they don't build it. I wrote Polaris a couple nasty letters and even left a voice message on their complaint line that year....never did get any response back, no surprise. One fish in a big pond. Sold it to a guy a Ft. Mac and bought a Pro this year, thinking they had their issues resolved. Not so it seems. The best Polaris I ever owned was my 96 XLT SP...which just happened to be my first....who knew?!?

Top Bottom