Another one down

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows that the dealer can or can't work with you on warranty. In this case if the service department was asked to take pictures of sled and send them in for the claim things must have went side ways.
I would have to think that the new (or someone that didn't know)service person just went out and snaped the pictures without thinking about the problems that could occure with the warranty claim.
Have you talked the GM of the dealer ship to see if this could be worked out or was the info relayed through the the service department?
I would sure talk the dealership GM or owner and you would think they would work with you and get you fixed up.
Better to exaust all options before posting on a open forum as if someone from dealership happens to be see comments it could put a sour taste to the problem very quick.
Hope you get things worked out as Polaris has a great machine over the last couple years.

TARRANT

Reaction score
I got your back.
Thanks brotha i appreciate the support. As far as i can see it they are doing nothing to help me at all. Gave me the polaris costumer relations number and thats it. They looked awfully suprised when i told them i will be picking it up and taking it to another dealer. shame its costing me 180 bucks for the tear down. If slave lake cannot make it work i will most def write MBRP and letting them know the situation. I have faith in slave lake and hope i am right for doing so . I will keep you guys updated. and thanks again dogsmack

TARRANT

Reaction score
Everyone knows that the dealer can or can't work with you on warranty. In this case if the service department was asked to take pictures of sled and send them in for the claim things must have went side ways.
I would have to think that the new (or someone that didn't know)service person just went out and snaped the pictures without thinking about the problems that could occure with the warranty claim.
Have you talked the GM of the dealer ship to see if this could be worked out or was the info relayed through the the service department?
I would sure talk the dealership GM or owner and you would think they would work with you and get you fixed up.
Better to exaust all options before posting on a open forum as if someone from dealership happens to be see comments it could put a sour taste to the problem very quick.
Hope you get things worked out as Polaris has a great machine over the last couple years.

I completely get what you are saying but the problem with this is my fam has been to the dealership for a long time now and this is not the first time something like this has happened. all i keep getting is the "we have to cover our back". its a shame it has to be this way but i have had enough. they are more worried about themselves then there client. they have not tried any further actions what so ever, so it will be going to a dealer that IS willing to work with the customer.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks brotha i appreciate the support. As far as i can see it they are doing nothing to help me at all. Gave me the polaris costumer relations number and thats it. They looked awfully suprised when i told them i will be picking it up and taking it to another dealer. shame its costing me 180 bucks for the tear down. If slave lake cannot make it work i will most def write MBRP and letting them know the situation. I have faith in slave lake and hope i am right for doing so . I will keep you guys updated. and thanks again dogsmack

Who says we all can't get along, you say Polaris I say BRP!

mick

Reaction score
I am not going to justify this with a response. we all know you would be doing the same!! Go be a troll somewhere else

not trolling, stating a fact. You need to step on your dealer as dogsmack said in a round about way. Getting ad at the dealer for not changing the can before he takes pictures is pure bullch!t. Getting mad at them for not standing behind you is another. my 02 c

mick

Reaction score
OMG it's another fkn board do gooder! As if you wouldnt do the same fkn thing!

No and no.

But your right..... honesty and integrity have no place in business or your personal life anymore. Let's all become liars and thieves. Wall street here we come, phuk sledding

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is B.S. I just went through the exact same thing. 2011 PRO with 2800 miles on it. Scoring on the mag side cyl. Polaris warranty dept was trying to refuse the claim because I had a MBRP can on when the pictures were sent in. Cycle Works service dept backed me up and submitted the claim. I would talk to the owner of your dealership and explain the situation.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't forget that the dealership should have been smarter.

They have to remember where their bread and butter comes from. The customer.

What kind of pictures do they send? Pictures of a fully assembled sled? As far as I know you have to remove the exhaust to tear down the top end.

I think the dealer is scamming you. I have a sneaking suspicion, they don't want to go up to bat for you.

No and no.

But your right..... honesty and integrity have no place in business or your personal life anymore. Let's all become liars and thieves. Wall street here we come, phuk sledding

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any manufacturer that doesn't think that 90% of there mountain segment consumers aren't running lite weight cans on there sleds are living in lala land. In 2007 BRP did a can shootout with there 800r engine and published the results in there service tech one day book. Funny thing..............the MBRP can was the only one of the 5 tested that didn't lose HP. You got screwed over, plain and simple.

TARRANT

Reaction score
taking it to slave lake right now . i will post pics of the damage the '"can" supposedly caused. Thanks for all the suppoort guys

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anytime you bring your sled in for engine warranty work you should put the stock muffler back on. that way you are lieing about your mods not your dealer.

96sherm

Reaction score
Any dealer that values their customers will go to bat for them. At the end of the day, Polaris isn't paying the bills that keep the doors open, its the consumers. Not only recreational vehicle dealers, but any vehicle dealer has the same opportunity to be good guys or bad guys. Problem is, it takes a little more effort to be good guys. It means making a 2nd phone call or something like, "hey, corporate Polaris wants pics and they won't like having your aftermarked exhaust on there...Can you slip down and change it or bring us your stock one?"...a 60 second call that is so often all it would take but not very often happens.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy a 2010 f350 diesel. It had an aftermarket intake, exhaust, and a programmer. I called one dealership and asked what their policy was for warranty work on the truck with said mods.
They told me that if it was modded like that it was void.

I called a different dealer dealer and asked the same question. The service manager said that if the mod was directly the cause of the problem, warranty would be void. He did however tell me something that was interesting.

If, lets say you needed your truck fixed, and the problem was, lets say the programmer locked up the truck, so it would not start, and the dealer had to re-flash the brain... The warranty would not apply, but the customer would have to pay all the expenses to fix it. They would not send a report to Ford, and everyone carries on in their merry way. If the motor packs it in, and it had a programmer, then ya it would be a lost warranty.
He also said, when you bring the truck in, return it to stock, or at least return it as much as you can to stock(pull programmer) to avoid hassles/

Basically, the mod has to have a DIRECT RELATION to the failure for it to be void. If lets say the reed boot was cracked, and the engine grenaded because of that, I think you would have a case.

Basically, you have to find out the cause, and fight to the end to get coverage.

Last edited:

YKSwitchback

Reaction score
feel sorry for you, my dealer has step up for me at least three times. one including a engine rebuild because they know that polaris will take the cheapest way possible to "fix" a problem(had a broken clutch that caused a belt to snap and the cords got pulled through a crank bearing seal), Polaris would have warrantied the clutch and I would have to pay for the rebuild. I did buy a new clutch that they sold me at cost to keep running, and then warrantied me a new one after a couple months with no pics even though I have a JAWS exhaust. Not to mention the few times they did work on my sled without any labor charges.

best thing that you can do is friend the parts guy(who is a riding buddy), and kiss ass to the owner of the dealer right from the get go, it could save you thousands

Top Bottom