AN EXOTIC LUNCH IN THE MOUNTAINS.. WHAT DO YOU COOK?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WE TOOK A BREAK ON SATUREDAY AND COOKED RIBS FOR LUNCH IN BLACKWATER MEADOWS IN A PLACE CALLED BBTOYS BBQUE PIT.... SLEDDERGLEN AND BBTOYS COOKED UP WHAT WE CALLED "BLACKWATER" RIBS!!!!!! WOW, WERE THEY GOOD. WHAT'S THE "BEST" GOURMET SLEDDIN' MEAL YOU'VE COOKED WHILE SLEDDIN' IN THE MOUNTAINS???

Attachments

• RIBS.jpg
    RIBS.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 259

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of moose sausage, double cheese smokies, chicken wings, soup/stew in the can,perogies and for desert we have the campfire popcorn. I usually need two weeks between trips to loose the weight I've gained!:D

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dangit, I need to read past the word exotic.... :shots:

We have done "Tinfoil" dinners several time. Put in whatever you want. Just put it in the coals and let it heat up.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very cool you guys are making me hungry, i put kubi or a sandwhich in my hot dogger, i guess that' not exotic but something hot always taste good!:D

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this gourmet trail food talk is making me hungry, someone needs to put out a Snow & Mud Recipe Book:BBQ: I am getting sick and tired of peanut butter and banana sandwiches:sadbanana:

Billy Boy:cool:

poppajon

Reaction score
Three words: PEP N' CHED.......we don't get too fancy, but I'll work on it for the next trip!

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW you guys way out do us!! Our exotic lunches are usually some squished subway's, some sausage, chocolate bar and waters...lol Unless you count the dried pack's incase of emergencies?? Did I mention squished sandwiches?? I think we should all follow you guys around , you could teach us your culinary skills ;) lol

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
OUI, INTERNATION MOUNTAIN CHEFS SOUS BBTOYS, ET CHEF SUPREME SLEDDERGLEN, IN BBTOYS BLACKWATER BBQUE PIT ....... WHAT A PAIR. 2 BIG RACKS OF RIBS... GONNA DOO THAT AGAIN FOR SURE. NOW I'M HUNGRY JUST LOOKIN' AT THOSE PICS....:D:D

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I welded up the holes in my shovel and carry a package of dry onion soup mix... a little snow in the shovel, sprinkle the soup on top, put it in the fire for 12 minutes, add some pine needles to taste and WHALLA. Thanks to Sledbunny I'll never go hungry in the hills again. :rollinglaugh:

P.S. If I forget the soup mix I roast cheese smokies and bacon wrapped
scallops with a touch of maple surup over the fire.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how long before someone posted an alternative use for the avy shovel......MMM them ribs look good....couple pine needles for that spruce flavor. I guess i'm not to creative when it come s to lunch in the hills. Elk sausage, beef jerky, granola bars and power aid.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how long before someone posted an alternative use for the avy shovel......MMM them ribs look good....couple pine needles for that spruce flavor. I guess i'm not to creative when it come s to lunch in the hills. Elk sausage, beef jerky, granola bars and power aid.

just like me, except i bring moose sausage and Gatorade

GRD

Reaction score
We never stop long enough for a fire.... Warm up a can a soup on the pipe and some other snacks...

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In the groupe i usally ride with the one guy cooks a roast or rips on his pipe while were riding. And on the trail im usaly behind him and all i smell is good food, almost to hard to contentrate on the trail :D :p

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IM A COMIN BABY!!!! And i hope there are some pool players who would like a shot at the title!! bring cash :)

Top Bottom