Altimate Snowmobile Boots leak

Zedeff

Reaction score
Altimate supersport boots.....Not the worlds best as advertised...Used one season and started to leak. The only thing I could get out of them was a bottle of waterproofing spray. Expected more for $250 :(

mod600IQ

Reaction score
Klim boots all the way. Have a pair of Adrenaline Gtx boots from klim any conditions and even walk threw 4 inches of water this spring with them and are 100% water proof.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim boots all the way. Have a pair of Adrenaline Gtx boots from klim any conditions and even walk threw 4 inches of water this spring with them and are 100% water proof.

Also agree thumbs up for klim boots & gear. Comfy & dry feet at the end of the day. Awwwsome

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soon you will all figure it out sleddin apparel is 3-4 years behind skiing and snowboarding gear.Go get yourself a pair of 32and or vans snowboard boots,and you will never go back.
4th season on my 32's ,will replace this fall,but still do not leak.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soon you will all figure it out sleddin apparel is 3-4 years behind skiing and snowboarding gear.Go get yourself a pair of 32and or vans snowboard boots,and you will never go back.

Thanks for the advise PowderSlut. Just picked up the Spot locator today. Maybe I can use the help button for a dry pair of Klim's.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm with you PS...been wearing Snowboard boots since most were wearing floppy black Sorels. Better support, comfort, dryness and technology from the snowboard boot companies:beer:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowboard boots all the way, had the Klim boots, paid $250 for them two seasons ago and it was 250 to much (sold them for $50 at a garage sale and bought a flat of beer, definitely got more use out of the beer.:d). Feet were always cold, and constantly getting wet. Switched back to my ThirtyTwo snowboard boots which I bought 3 years ago and haven't had any problems. More comfortable, warmer, way drier, lighter, and way better ankle support. Also still have my Burton Snowboard boots, 8 years old and they still don't leak and are still warm in -30

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love my 'burton ion's'.... i may have paid a little more than $250, but totally worth it to have warm, dry feet. way more money has gone into R&D in snowboard boots than snowmobile boots.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After years of disappintment...have now used High end hunting boots.....lighter, absolutely water proof, fully breathable,higher for deeper creek chit shows, made for extreme walking....only downfalls is price 350+...but last forever

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally use snowboard boots as well. 32s to be specific.

I use em, largely because my sled is transportation to get to sick lines, and it's not possible to strap some sorels into a binding with any level of comfort.

It only makes sense to wear snowboard gear. They are stiff, warm, and super tech.

My 32s only seem to last a season per pair though. I could still use em for sledding but they pack out and become less supportive for riding the ol shredstick. Your mileage may vary.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full season on my Octanes and I love 'em. A little too warm for spring riding at +15C but good boots overall for the price. Removable liners in any boot, no matter what you buy, is a must. Non-removable liner in KLIM is what steered me away.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

powderslut is 100% right about that sled gear is about 4 or 5 years behind snowboard stuff! Go to a snowboard shop and get your boots there you wont be disappointed!!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HMK Pro Boa Focus are rebranded Burtons.

This may be true, but the boa system is kinda hosed. The problem is when you blow out one of the cords you can't fix it in the field, and your boot is all loose and such. Kinda a bummer, but you could still ride in em I guess.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had Klim's for 2 years. Worked great the first year, got wet feet the second year. I've tried waterproof spraying them which made no difference. I have not tried the warranty route - maybe this summer. Sounds like I may have to try a pair of snowboard boots.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had Klim's for 2 years. Worked great the first year, got wet feet the second year. I've tried waterproof spraying them which made no difference. I have not tried the warranty route - maybe this summer. Sounds like I may have to try a pair of snowboard boots.

You will not regret the decision to go to snowboard boots, unless your real hungover one morning, then tying the snowboard boots seems like it'll almost kill ya.:d

Mtsledder

Reaction score
I use my boarding boots as well but the only problem I have is that the bottom on them are so soft, the running boards on the sled chew them right up! I'm thinking of buying a pair of HMK this coming winter and see how they do.

Top Bottom