Alder flats riding

oldrzr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a person can ride quads and side x sides out at Alder Flats yet? Thinking of maybe going to do some exploring there this Saturday but have never rode the area before.
We would have a couple of quads, Rhino and a RZR
Thanks

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still lots a snow. Hard riding i just did a drive through. If you have a garmin gps i can email you some maps if ya like.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

DylanPed

Reaction score
Also interested in taking a run out to Alder Flats for the first time one of these days, any chance someone has some trails or direction they can send my way?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also interested in taking a run out to Alder Flats for the first time one of these days, any chance someone has some trails or direction they can send my way?

Park at rose creek staging area. Go west until pipe line. Go north or south. You will find trails

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding out there for a whole month on a little Onda 420 with tire chains. Didn't have any issues getting up or down any cut line I was on.

I had to do some chewing in the odd area thanks to t-chain as they go on in the fall till late spring.

Racked up 500 plus kms, used winch once on a steep creek bank, other then that it was easy getting around.

Pal Lem

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be stagging South of you oldrzr, might spot you and your crew some where along the way.

Have fun as there is no shortage of places to ride.

From all weekend long Lem.

oldrzr

Reaction score
just got back from Rose Creek staging. had to cut the ride short. blew something in my front diff. think it is and hope it is the sprague cage. have never replaced it so i'm thinking it was time. only got about 14 miles in but looks like a great place to have fun. when we left the staging area we took the road down about a mile then went south. should we have gone further obviously for the north south pipe line? there was a fair bit of heavy truck traffic so tried to stat off the road. what a way to waste a beautiful day. it was +13 out there today.
next time

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that brother, as I had a good day South of you with 50 kms of cut-lines in 1st gear all day.

Next time you come out this way, try the hwy 22/53 stagging area gravel pit on West side of junction. This will put you in the hart-land of cut lines... One would want to head North and West from gravel pit oldrzr.

From pit heading North is.
Km 1 is Pen West Road
Km 5 is Warhoser logging road, at the far West end of it at marker 22 km is a T. You are very close to North saskachawin river.
Some zigs and zags by road will link you up with the Sealy Cabin Rd if this is where you stagged at.

South to North crow fly kms is 30 ish, 45 kms by Rd if I recall.
A fun ride is the big pipe line, and there are 100's of cut-lines leading to and from it in both directions.

Pal Lem.

oldrzr

Reaction score
morning Lem. I know exactly where you were. we camped at a big lease site about a mile or so from there a couple of years ago may long. I will try this one next time as it was a mud bath getting out of Rose Creek yesterday. thanks for the info

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your more then welcome brother oldrzr.

The Rose Creek Trail ain't as good as it once was many years back, and the access to North Sask from the Lease were we turn into the bush is hammered out at the bottom "trickle creek crossing."

Many of the cut/ pipe lines I was on this month would be challanging when the frost comes out, but there are so many other usable trails it doesn't matter.

Kind a sucks that you and your crew came all this way to have a small break down "that can happen to anyone," I hope your next outing is more favorable.

Pal Lem

Top Bottom