Alcohol + sledding

Revxm

Reaction score
I see no problems having a couple if you are responsible about it, pack your cans out etc. but theres always going to be the guy who overdoes it just not me.

ScottK

Reaction score
I think a couple of beers while riding is perfectly ok, it's the morons that get hammered and hurt themselves or others that give it the bad name. Personally, I wouldn't operate a car drunk, never mind a sled!!! Easier for a tree to jump in front of you!!!!

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a couple of beers while riding is perfectly ok, it's the morons that get hammered and hurt themselves or others that give it the bad name. Personally, I wouldn't operate a car drunk, never mind a sled!!! Easier for a tree to jump in front of you!!!!

amplifies that pesky tree magnet under the hood lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

4roddin

Reaction score
The biggest problem I have with people drinking in the backcountry is when I blow up beer in my bags, its hard to bring enough for me and my buddies to get blitzed on and not have a couple casualties of war. That being said it does help achieve the sick lines....just sayin

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem I have with people drinking in the backcountry is when I blow up beer in my bags, its hard to bring enough for me and my buddies to get blitzed on and not have a couple casualties of war. That being said it does help achieve the sick lines....just sayin

This post is Bogger and plio...... And Gbca approved phuckers..... Happy new years

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking how well would one of the riding clinics or avy coarse instuructors would feel if in a break you pulled out a couple beer.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Pretty much 24 pages of good reading…..I don't know why I missed the first posts or pages…..must of had a few, eh!

I don't take alcoholic beverages sledding nor quadding. I learned my lessons years ago but that was me and not you. If you want to drink, like a lot of you have said and indicated, that is your choice. We don't drink alcoholic beverages in our groupings. There are occasions, when I "take a friend snowmobiling" they will pull out a wobbly pop for lunch but that is rare and it is even more rare that they have more than one.

Maybe it is my grey hair and serious nature that people who are riding with me won't extend themselves with the beverages while on the hill. Whatever it is, I like it. I have had a beer in the parking lot at the end of the day but I am trying to be zero tolerance for the drinking and driving scenario. This day and age, it just seems to make sense.

Saying all that, I am going to have a nice shot of Lemon Hart with ol' snopro at the Rolling Hills cabin one of these days to talk over old times and such. I may have to hang out for quite a few hours afterwards to let the alcohol metabolize before driving down off the hill. It is tough trying to conform and or change……….

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much 24 pages of good reading…..I don't know why I missed the first posts or pages…..must of had a few, eh!

Not very often you hear that line.... Usually it's 24 pages of useless blabbering lol.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think ol' willy is on permanent vacation. too bad...he was fun

I watched his posts... He may have got under peoples skin but he didn't doo it with personal attacks and swearing... Unlike the people who attacked him wherever he posted. He said things voicing his opinions and views that sometimes didn't agree with a lot of our blue conservative oilpatch Alberta lifestyle... People antagonized him until he had to defend himself thus getting banned... I personally want to go ride with him and LHF and LennyR and have a good time! PM me boys lets doo this! When we are done sleddin, we'll get into the alcohol! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He pushed and pushed, and was banned previously for a short time, then warned and warned again and Willy still pushed and pushed..then banned permanently. Good riddance.

-He knew the rules
-He played the game
-He lost.

He egged on so many, so saying that he had to defend himself is a load of crap IMO. sorry to say this, but it's true.

I watched his posts... He may have got under peoples skin but he didn't doo it with personal attacks and swearing... Unlike the people who attacked him wherever he posted. He said things voicing his opinions and views that sometimes didn't agree with a lot of our blue conservative oilpatch Alberta lifestyle... People antagonized him until he had to defend himself thus getting banned... I personally want to go ride with him and LHF and LennyR and have a good time! PM me boys lets doo this! When we are done sleddin, we'll get into the alcohol! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our rule is no booze no drugs if u don,tt like it don't ride with us and we stand by it and lots of guys like us and some don't and we don't care. Seen to many idiots up their and lots of super heros why can't u wait until your of the hill and then who cares but if your pissed or stoned u screw it up for the guys u ride with when they have to get u down.

Top Bottom