Alcohol + sledding

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my booze as much as the next guy if not more but it would be just fine with me if alcohol was banned on the hills period for all club areas. Leads to bad decission makeing of many sorts and there would be less cans laying around on the hills when the snow melts.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read the whole thread and it's actual scary that people think it is okay to drink more than a couple and ride. The really disturbing part is that they don't think that the conditions are different than just having a drink around the house. In most cases they are partly dehydrated due to sweating from riding or digging out and they are at a higher elevation (which effects how our bodies in metabolizing alcohol).

I am not going to preach that you can't have A BEER! But you really need to give your head a shake if you think it's ok to have more than one. I don't know about most of you but I can't carry enough water some days because I am so thirsty from a good day's ride.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched his posts... He may have got under peoples skin but he didn't doo it with personal attacks and swearing... Unlike the people who attacked him wherever he posted. He said things voicing his opinions and views that sometimes didn't agree with a lot of our blue conservative oilpatch Alberta lifestyle... People antagonized him until he had to defend himself thus getting banned... I personally want to go ride with him and LHF and LennyR and have a good time! PM me boys lets doo this! When we are done sleddin, we'll get into the alcohol! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHAHAHAH

If Oneeye was trying to effect change of any nature with his approach, I would say he failed epically....LOL maybe too many sledders in his ski terrain? Point of note: If you want to keep people away, probably worst thing you can do is broadcast on the internet - you just alerted everyone to your existence.

As Cuso said - he antagonized everyone and got banned, what did he expect? boo fawkin hoo, someone call the whammmmbulance. Welcome to the real world. If anyone thinks that he "got under people's skin" and was somehow the "innocent choir boy" where people were out to get him for no reason.....well....it wasn't everyone else that was fooled by his antics....it was you. No different than some other members. you ever listen to a broken record? It just keeps repeating the same thing over and over and over and over.......

My parents live 15 mins from him, my dad's retired and rides a lot of days, if you want a real snow report, let me know. If you want to go skiing with...ooops I mean "sledding" with Willy, best thing you can bring is your downhill skis.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its funny how emotional Willy still makes everyone feel. Makes me laugh! Lol has nothing to doo with me that's for sure.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its funny how emotional Willy still makes everyone feel. Makes me laugh! Lol has nothing to doo with me that's for sure.

Your post from earlier sure makes it seem like you're a little emotional about how people treated him......

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your post from earlier sure makes it seem like you're a little emotional about how people treated him......

Nope, don't give a ****. All I did was ask ol Willy how he was dooin... Wasn't talking to anyone else.

I was being honest about my opinion on the "Willygate" scandal. I think there's a few guys on here who cause chit and get away with it and I am not perfect either, it summer, hot out and I was just stirring up a little entertainment for myself to tie me over to sled season. Worked didn't it? Haha

I just try to run my own course. I try not to antagonize or insult people personally, on here or on the street. Take from this what you will. I'm havin a cold beer...

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Getting drunk/tipsy anything over the legal limit driving your car belongs off the sled back at the restaurant/hotel/home, don't need someone coming down the trail at 40 mile an hour drunk in my lane, especially if there's children around.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's get back to the original topic;I like to get so smashed I can hardly walk then ride my sled.
I just drop all my empties on the trail so I can find my way back out when I'm hammered.

Hate it when some azzhole picks them up and takes them down with him cause he's broke and needs the money.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH

If Oneeye was trying to effect change of any nature with his approach, I would say he failed epically....LOL maybe too many sledders in his ski terrain? Point of note: If you want to keep people away, probably worst thing you can do is broadcast on the internet - you just alerted everyone to your existence.

As Cuso said - he antagonized everyone and got banned, what did he expect? boo fawkin hoo, someone call the whammmmbulance. Welcome to the real world. If anyone thinks that he "got under people's skin" and was somehow the "innocent choir boy" where people were out to get him for no reason.....well....it wasn't everyone else that was fooled by his antics....it was you. No different than some other members. you ever listen to a broken record? It just keeps repeating the same thing over and over and over and over.......

My parents live 15 mins from him, my dad's retired and rides a lot of days, if you want a real snow report, let me know. If you want to go skiing with...ooops I mean "sledding" with Willy, best thing you can bring is your downhill skis.

This just in! Mountain Mania 2015 slated for Nelson, BC :)

Top Bottom