Alcohol + sledding

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you who think this thread is old, well Im not arguing with you but I certainly do not agree with you. What's the harm in reminding everyone about this topic? What's the harm in talking about it with new guys to this site? All I wanted to do was raise awareness, that's all. If this topic is old and beaten to death, and everyone's heard about it, then why are we still seeing pics posted online of empty beer cans laying around the snow?? Doesn't seem to me like everyone got the memo. Also, if a guy new to the sport has any questions as to how we feel about them drinking on the hill, by reading this tread that could persuade them to not getting hammered on the hill and possibly causing an accident. If I thought it was acceptable and no one told me any better, I'd probably be drinking my face off as well but seeing as its a common belief amongst us all and we've blatantly stated how we felt, it just may end up saving someone's life! You may think this thread may be pointless, but I do not. At least we are doing all we can to let the public know how we feel about littering and drinking and driving and hopefully take away from the negative image we sometimes give ourselves in other aspects of the sport.

snoking

Reaction score
Aside from the fact that its dangerous and stupid. I don't see the attraction. You take one of the best, fastest paced most physically demanding sports there is and ruin it by sitting around drinking beer. What fun is that.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's crazy that anyone rides with less than 12 beer in there belly. I need at least 6 Liquid courage drinks before I even leave the truck in the morning. Of course you NEVER pack youre emptys out in case there is a check stop so whenever possible I bring bottles and leave them laying all over the mtn!

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2 in my pack for the day. one for after a REALLY good stuck...where it is welcomed...lol and the other as a group. two beer over the course of 6-8hrs is fine in any other place in the world.

dont get drunk and ride...simple really.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In order to be racist you have to know the race it is. You never know they might not even been raised catholic, or even know what a rez is. ᖁᔭᓐᓇᒦᒃ
ᓄᓗ

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF.. What does racism have to do with a drunk on a sled? It's a you tube video. The guy in the video is a dumbass, and unfortunately being a dumbass has nothing to do with racism.. :rolleyes:

why you racist prick, you had to show a native being drunk, that is friggin disgusting. you should be ashamed of yourself. half a million sledders out there and you had to resort to racist profiling, no wonder our native brothers are sick of your racist BS. so what your insinuating is that all drunk sledders are native. well you have shown your bigotry today. you racist pig.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just don't drink and ride. The people we ride with don't drink and ride either. The terrain we ride is really challenging for me, Tight trees, big stuff. I pull off enough super Trish Moves completely sober, to add alcohol to the mixture wouldn't be a good combo at all. I would hate to injure myself, or put others in jeopardy because my decision making was clouded, not to mention let my kids down if I were to become injured, or die. I also would never want to set a poor example for them. The last thing as a parent Id want to see was my children drinking and riding.
For me, this is my choice. I'm not holier than thou... do what you want. If I feel you are impaired I will not ride with you, again, my choice.
I do, however, look forward to my super ice cold sleeman's honey brown at the end of the day.. or my fireball with snowballs in it!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why you racist prick, you had to show a native being drunk, that is friggin disgusting. you should be ashamed of yourself. half a million sledders out there and you had to resort to racist profiling, no wonder our native brothers are sick of your racist BS. so what your insinuating is that all drunk sledders are native. well you have shown your bigotry today. you racist pig.

I hope that's a joke

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding in clemina one day and a guy pulled up to us with no helmet. He was s..tfaced and lost. His bottom teeth were poking through his lip and he didnt know where his buddies were. Do you help this guy, or tell him to grow up? Keep the drinking till the trail down or in the trailer.

We showed him out....moron.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is just a numbers game. A matter of time and space. Anymore than one per hour - you failed Drinking & Sledding Math 101.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding in clemina one day and a guy pulled up to us with no helmet. He was s..tfaced and lost. His bottom teeth were poking through his lip and he didnt know where his buddies were. Do you help this guy, or tell him to grow up? Keep the drinking till the trail down or in the trailer.

We showed him out....moron.

As an Emergency Services worker I have seen lots of head injuries present as alcohol related injuries. He could have been sh!tcanned, or just severly injured.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa, easy there turbo. Find a video of a non native guy drunk on a sled and put it on here......

Top Bottom