Alberta Writeoff inspections?

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has gone through this.
My truck was wrote off from a shed falling on it and wondering if I have to get the body damage repaired before I get the writeoff inspection. The damage in no way affects the way the truck drives.
Also if you have a 73 to 79 f-series in the back forty let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 132

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, Many Times.... I Just Rebuilt A 2006 Yamaha Midnight Venture... No Mechanical Or Frame Damage, Just Cosmetic Repairs, And Had To Get A Salvage Inspection To Recertify The Bike(was No Problems, But Had To Be Done).... We Used To Do Salvage Inspections On Vehicles Too, But Now There Is Way Too Much Involvement With Frame Measurements/points Etc.... Necessary To Put On A Frame Machine.... Can't Be Any Leaks, Etc. Must Be Factory Mint, In Order To Pass. Pm If You Have Any Further Questions...........

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya it is a lot of hassle. I have fixed a few myself..And I think you have to have pictures or have someone look at each step you do on the vehicle.Before you start, during, and when you're done.Although there is no frame damage just sheet metal ,yours if the mechanical is good it would not be to bad..I quit fixing them up when it got to be a pain inthe A$$ But good luck

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya it is a lot of hassle. I have fixed a few myself..And I think you have to have pictures or have someone look at each step you do on the vehicle.Before you start, during, and when you're done.Although there is no frame damage just sheet metal ,yours if the mechanical is good it would not be to bad..I quit fixing them up when it got to be a pain inthe A$$ But good luck

NA, DON'T NEED PICTURES ETC... BUT I WOULD PROBABLY CONTACT THE DEPARTMENT OF HIWAYS, ALBERTA INFRASTRUCTURE: VEHICLE SAFETY SECTION(IN EDMONTON) --- (780)427-8901 OR TOLL-FREE 310-0000 BEFORE YOU START TEARING INTO IT TO BE SURE OF WHAT EXACTLY YOU DOO NEED TO DOO....... GOOD LUCK, AND KEEP US POSTED!!! SUMMITRIC

Top Bottom