Alberta SRD Questionare

Tinman68

Reaction score
Done. I believe the governments sole job is to extort money from anyone and everyone they can to cover up all the poor judgements they have made with the money they have already extorted!!!:nono:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
For anyone who camps in the Cadomin area,I was just reading the local county paper and some Cadomin residents put in a request to ban all random camping in the hamlet.The county council is considering the ban but is also considering banning all random camping in the entire county as well. This is the Yellowhead County which encompasses all the crown land from Stony Plain to Jasper. Please contact your respective county councillers and express your views. This is a very real threat to random camping.

If people who random camp would just all behave themsleves(noise, partying, littering, etc) others would have no reason to bitch about us. But that is impossible for some, or a lot, they think that they have the right to abuse the environment and others and this puts a black mark on our sport. Although I must say that for all the years that we have been random camping all over the foothills I have yet to see any of this bad behaviour personally. Just a few bad apples will ruin the pie. Oh yeah I forgot one time we came upon a pile of white stuff on the ground out by Blackstone and we realized that someone had dumped there black water there some time before we got there. How disgusting is that. I suggest we start taking pictures of licence plates of peeps who are damaging the camping areas and letting the police know.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just posted the questionare on my Facebook page ( Jason Lajeunesse )and the quadding group aswell, hopefully the word will get out there a bit more

barrone

Reaction score
done. Getting tired of getting hit on the sledding, now the quadding???
I stay legal, but once its all taken away, what then???
Push too hard, and we'll push back.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when we were camping this weekend we came up with a idea.... for the government to sell sqatters passes [ drycampin ] .. with the idea that you and ur group would keep it real -- and clean when ya leave or loose your pass..... and have a fine for campin with out it.... just like a fish lic.....

u'd have to look after you and the other's with you..... and i buy a pass for a year to do it.... cause camp grounds are way more of a ripoff......

just my 2 cents....

dirtyplumber

Reaction score
we should be more involed , watch the utube vids of mud bogging as well. I have been to a few meetings where one side shows these vids to make there case

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done..after what I witnessed at the Bighorn Dam on the longweekend it's no wonder that there is concern..people riding off the marked trails..open exhaust, garbage etc...wtf, are people stupid?? The weekend warriors better smarten up...you know who you are!!:rant:

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the big issues in the survey I noticed, is that they are lumping the public and non-profit groups in with corporations like Oil companies and Foresters, which is ridiculous at best! Yes it does sound like an Alberta government worker is having a hissy fit and used their position with the government to do some back room dealing.

lakeland101

Reaction score
Done...SRD is really going too far this time. Next thing you know they will be carrying guns and charging people for riding down a cut line!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Done...SRD is really going too far this time. Next thing you know they will be carrying guns and charging people for riding down a cut line!!

That is what I was told no random riding. stay off old cutlines,designated trails only. Guns probally not just close the area completly

Zipp

Reaction score
Watch out! Cash grab is coming! User will pay!
Thanks for the link.

gogettergirl

Reaction score
I cant find any Survey Questions???just pages of Government crap.???
Either cut and paste this address to your browser, http://www.srd.alberta.ca/Newsroom/SRDSurveys/Default.aspx or go to the rknight111 post on the first page of this thread and click on the link he provided. On the first SRD page you see, scroll about half way down till you read this
Participate in the Public Lands Act Regulation Survey and you'll find the survey. Remember the survey ends on Friday Sept. 17. :eek:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any news on the survey outcome. ATV's banned?

friggin srd

Top Bottom