Alberta Drivers

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So to get this straight I am from Alberta but recently bought a vacation house in Sicamous for boating and sledding. The thing that has always troubled me is all the talk in these resort town and the resentment towards Albertans. That is until this year after witnessing all the Azzhats with Alberta plates the way they drive around town and on the highways. So many times you would go uptown only to witness someone in there chipped up Diesel Pinning it out of parking lots, Down main street etc. Its not only the diesels but they make it really noticeable with black smoke billowing out and the load bark they make. THE PEOPLE ON THE STREET STANDING THERE WATCHING ARENT LOOKING AT YOU IN AWE YOU JERKS!!!! THEY ARE LOOKING AT YOU THINKING F***KING ALBERTAN **SHOLES!!!!!!!! :nono: Now I own one of these chipped upped lifted diesels as well but dont drive it like an idiot in town! Then guys wonder why the reception you get from these resort towns is less than kind at times. Its time for a lot of guys to wake up and be a little more respecfull as visitors!! I sat around a lot of campfires and in restaurants explaining this summer that not all us Albertans are jerks!!

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the sunny shuswap. And you are 100% right not all out of province plates are retards. It's just the few that act like it that stand out and make the rest guilty by association.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time going the other way; from BC into Alberta. There are a lot of the coal rolling a**hats that stay at home (stay in Alberta) and try to impress people. Lethbridge and the Hat are pretty full of them.

They may not be as liquored up at home as they are when they come out here for a vacation but one can count on the dangerous passers, the coal rollers, the tire spinners, the loud exhaust, and of course the white sun glasses with the 35's to have the red and white plates and their pumped up egos 'cause I have a big truck with lots of power...........

Saying that, there are a lot of respectful Albertans that come to our neck of the woods for relaxation and recreation and they are not all bad! I love to go to Fernie and see the all the red and white plates around and then I wonder what the greenies would have as a come back for the huge injection of cash into the local economy...:D

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to Sept 3rd should have our busy city back by then.traffic is rush hour all day and there must be 1 red plate for every BC plate.I mean is Alta that bad that bad that you can't holiday there.I don't realie on tourism to make a living so to me its a PIA.not all roll coal and have an attitude. Lots of old Albertans clogging our roads.driving slow and doing illegal U turns.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a lot in an RV park here and as it filled up with Albertans it became obvious that for every two good ones you got one bad one. Their attitude seems to be" only got 48 hours in a weekend so we have to rush around and try to cram as much in as we can".. On the highway or on the water or tipping them back they give no consideration to others around them. Luckily for us we had the good ones as neighbors and only have to deal with the bad ones on the roads. Seems as though they want to be the first ones to the scene of the accident, I just don't want to be there with them.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to Sept 3rd should have our busy city back by then.traffic is rush hour all day and there must be 1 red plate for every BC plate.I mean is Alta that bad that bad that you can't holiday there.I don't realie on tourism to make a living so to me its a PIA.not all roll coal and have an attitude. Lots of old Albertans clogging our roads.driving slow and doing illegal U turns.
Do you have to be a whiney pu**y to live in kelowna or is it just a coincidence?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm seems to me on my 6 hr treck to redeer and back wed the only issue I come across was a fast speeding ford excursion passing me with bc plates and then turning left off a secondary highway a minute later in front of me with no signal light being used. Every province has azzhat drivers. I must be bored.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can play both sides of the fence. I'm from Kelowna, learned how to drive there and seriously a lot of Kelowna drivers can't drive worth a S**t. But it's not their fault cause BC doesn't know how to build merge lanes. I laugh every time I see a BCer come to a complete stop in the Calgary area trying to merg into traffic. They just don't know any better. When I go to Kelowna I probably look like an arse hole because I do know how to merg into traffic. Here is the funny thing, they speed up to close the hole off on you LOL. My brother still lives in Kelowna. He says he has the three second rule. Turn turning signal on and count to three and take the lane. If you don't you don't get anywhere. Kelowna is SOOOOO bad right now. Now I will say when I moved here in 2000 I was intimidated as hell. Alberta is a very fast paced Province and I'll admit I was in the way. I use to be one of the people that would say Friggen Alberta drivers. But not any more, not because I live here but because I didn't realize how bad it was in Kelowna. I wasn't as good of a driver as I thought I was. The other thing Kelowna has against it is every other driver has one foot in the grave.... LOL OH yeah I went there. :cool:

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not that Alberta is a bad place to holiday, We have some very nice areas. We just don't get the weather and have as nice of lakes as BC does or sledding areas in the winter. What we do have is more work. The problem with it is our work is 75% oilfield and is so fast paced and demanding that some of us have a tough time relaxing when we do go on a holiday.Were so used to the (Have to get it done right now) attitude that we cant seem to let it go.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not that Alberta is a bad place to holiday, We have some very nice areas. We just don't get the weather and have as nice of lakes as BC does or sledding areas in the winter. What we do have is more work. The problem

with it is our work is 75% oilfield and is so fast paced and demanding that some of us

have a tough time relaxing when we do go on a holiday.Were so used to the (Have to get it done right now) attitude that we cant seem to let it go.
Very good answer .I know if I lived in Alta and didn't have a boat I would spend my spare time camping,quadding in the foothills or rockies.Unfortunately Kelowna has gotten so bad with traffic all the extra in the summer makes it brutal.Also seeing a lot more Sask plates as well.Yes we have too Many blue hairs here and they r far worse than red plates as they r out 24_7 and always slow up on the ambers making me sit thru another light with my Duramax and trailer.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ill take an idiot redneck Albertan over a 20-30 year old 'I think I'm a gangster' Kelowna douche. Any day. Twice on Sunday.

Don't get me wrong, lots of good folks there...but lots of bad ones too.

Kelowna is brutal traffic wise..i go there reasonably frequently and find its a lot of blue plates being stupid.

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good answer .I know if I lived in Alta and didn't have a boat I would spend my spare time camping,quadding in the foothills or rockies.Unfortunately Kelowna has gotten so bad with traffic all the extra in the summer makes it brutal.Also seeing a lot more Sask plates as well.Yes we have too Many blue hairs here and they r far worse than red plates as they r out 24_7 and always slow up on the ambers making me sit thru another light with my Duramax and trailer.
First of all, Alta is a ski resort in Utah. If you are trying to save typing time, just call it AB, like everyone else has for the past 20 years.
Thanks for completely invalidating your driving complaints, by admitting that you run amber/red lights with a trailer when you clearly have enough time to stop...

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you expect, young guys making lots of cash want to show off there fancy trucks and get attention. I see plenty of bc plates doing the same thing in alberta.

U turns are stupid anyway, ever been to the USA and see how there city roads are designed. You can make legal u turns at almost all the intersections.

people should start looking at out of province plates differently. I love seeing bc plates. They are usually at our fuel stations filling up or our grocery stores buying multiple carts full of food. They are working, paying alberta taxes and then going back to there province. We will take all the out of province money we can get. It only helps our province and our future.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you expect, young guys making lots of cash want to show off there fancy trucks and get attention. I see plenty of bc plates doing the same thing in alberta.

U turns are stupid anyway, ever been to the USA and see how there city roads are designed. You can make legal u turns at almost all the intersections.

people should start looking at out of province plates differently. I love seeing bc plates. They are usually at our fuel stations filling up or our grocery stores buying multiple carts full of food. They are working, paying alberta taxes and then going back to there province. We will take all the out of province money we can get. It only helps our province and our future.
You pay taxes where you live, not where you work. I work in the NWT, but pay AB taxes.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You pay taxes where you live, not where you work. I work in the NWT, but pay AB taxes.

I'm thinking he's talking about the GST, the fuel tax, the liquor tax, etc..

I'm of the same thought about my fine neighbours to the east coming this way and helping the economy in many little ways. The "glass half empty" type of people say the Albertans bring all the booze, food, gas with them but I sure don't see it that way.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People that holiday and travel help the economy and at the same time its enjoyable to meet people from different areas of our great country...BUT
I'll be glad when winter comes and the tourist stop coming over like refugee's off a chinese junk, with their super diesel black smoke puffer look at me attitude.
No matter where they are from....BC (lowermain land/interior), Alberta, Sask, ect. People lack respect in general and make excuses for their behavior. Its a generation of disrespectful looser/look at me type.
Its realy sad to see our generation's becoming that way. A bunch of spoiled B***ards. They are a disgrace to the ones that faught for this great country, plain and simple.

BTW, i am not picking on our young people so much but my observation is more older one's that should know better...ie. 35-50yr olds are the worst asses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom