Alberta Drivers

manonfire

Reaction score
I do a buck-five on most single lane, the flip side of your little gripe is that when I come to a slight grade and drop to 95-100 there's always someone that has to jump around me right away, and has to speed up to 110 or so to do it, then slows back down to 100 in front of me when we're back on the flat. yeah, that's me riding your azz. I hope you enjoy it

That's what I meant to say :rolleyes: or the pass you on that dark unfamiliar road at
110 chit a brick on the first corner drop down to 80 , and then hammer on it every passing lane only to slow back down when they get to the end of it:mad::banghead: WHY ? ? ?
Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Megrizzly

Reaction score
This is what irritates me:

people who don't signal at all or start when they're 3 feet from the corner
people that ride your ass and then pass only to go the exact same speed
jaywalkers or people who just walk out into the crosswalk without looking. especially bad with younger people
people who speed up to 110, down to 80, up to 100, down to 70. For ****s sake, set the cruise already.
drivers that pass you in a mad hurry only to turn in a 1/2 mile.
When your stopped at a red light and you see some ****-box car behind you wondering if there going to stop and if they have insurance.
cars that take up 2 spots when there is limited to no parking
people texting at an intersection waiting for a green light, then wait there finishing a text.

Women: radio up, foot down.

You need 3 things on or in your truck to deal with ****ty drivers.

A plow for the front to push or ram vehicles into the ditch.
A chain to pull vehicles out of a parking spot,
And a megaphone to yell at people.

Dynamic

Reaction score
Ya I see what your saying. I try to be careful when I pass to make sure that the guy behind won't catch up to me on the flat or the downhill. I will either not pass or if I do I will speed up for a while to create some separation. I only got 2 major hill on my commute so this usually isn't an issue.

Also I am a huge fan of cruise control. I will come up to a car doing 100ish, I pass, and then resume cruise. He will then either ride my ass or pass me at the next opportunity. I don't get it and what it comes down to is people are not attentive to their own driving.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do a buck-five on most single lane, the flip side of your little gripe is that when I come to a slight grade and drop to 95-100 there's always someone that has to jump around me right away, and has to speed up to 110 or so to do it, then slows back down to 100 in front of me when we're back on the flat. yeah, that's me riding your azz. I hope you enjoy it
Yup I'm going to pass you cause I want to do 105 not 105-90-105-90 but when I pass I'm not going to do 100 in front of you I'll keep doing 105. If you're doing 80 up a hill and then 120 on the straight stretch after it so I have to work really hard to pass you or can't get past I'm going to be pissed and if you keep doing it when I pass you I might slow you back down to 80.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I'm going to pass you cause I want to do 105 not 105-90-105-90 but when I pass I'm not going to do 100 in front of you I'll keep doing 105. If you're doing 80 up a hill and then 120 on the straight stretch after it so I have to work really hard to pass you or can't get past I'm going to be pissed and if you keep doing it when I pass you I might slow you back down to 80.
I'm not sure if you're still talking about big rigs here, but yeah....that's pretty douchey on behalf of a driver. I don't get the mindset that some have that it's "not their responsibility" to ensure someone travelling faster can safely pass....it absolutely is. why would you rather have a semi right on your bumper, when you can take 5 seconds off your arrival time and let them past? isn't it obvious that if there is an incident who will lose that battle regardless of fault?? I also don't understand why someone in a 3000 lb 4 wheeler thinks it's a good idea to try and teach someone rolling with 50-60-80,000+ pounds a "lesson"....if they are being a d!ckhead, report them FFS....why jeopardize your life to make a point?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its these bone heads that cant grasp the fact that a big rig cant just pop out, instantly gain an extra 30kph zip on by and keep going down the road like in a passenger car or pick up. For those who don't know, it takes a ton of room on the roadway to safely pass with a big rig and they do not accelerate even remotely close to what your car or pickup does. If a rig is on your azz, slowing down, moving over and letting him on his way is a very courteous thing to do.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Personally I prefer people not to move over for me to pass. They pick up all the trash, rocks, sand etc on the side of the road and trashes the front of my vehicle and windshield. I hog the white line myself so that other motorists can see around me to pass safely. Unlike some of them arses out there that ride the yellow forcing motorist into the other lane just to see if its clear.

Dynamic

Reaction score
Its these bone heads that cant grasp the fact that a big rig cant just pop out, instantly gain an extra 30kph zip on by and keep going down the road like in a passenger car or pick up. For those who don't know, it takes a ton of room on the roadway to safely pass with a big rig and they do not accelerate even remotely close to what your car or pickup does. If a rig is on your azz, slowing down, moving over and letting him on his way is a very courteous thing to do.

I will lots of the time slow down when a semi pulls out and let him quickly get back in to the lane. I am all for being courteous and making everyones job easier, especially the truckers. However is there a reason a vehicle going that weighs 50 000lbs plus needs to be going that fast? There are times while travelling at night on a highway full of wildlife, I will get some semi on my ass with no way in hell of stopping if I need to slow down for a moose, deer, or whatever. I don't feel comfortable driving much over a 100 with my little civic that could stop and turn on a dime, I just don't see how a semi fully loaded could even be comfortable getting close as many of them do to me on the highway.

For me the most dangerous part of my day, as well as many others, is on the highway. I drive alot, and there are just too many times where I am in a position where wildlife could jump in front of me and I would have no recourse to slow down. It is a helpless feeling that the trucker behind me I'm sure doesn't have.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's why you let the big truck go ahead;a deer on the front of his truck is like a bird on your civic.
I will lots of the time slow down when a semi pulls out and let him quickly get back in to the lane. I am all for being courteous and making everyones job easier, especially the truckers. However is there a reason a vehicle going that weighs 50 000lbs plus needs to be going that fast? There are times while travelling at night on a highway full of wildlife, I will get some semi on my ass with no way in hell of stopping if I need to slow down for a moose, deer, or whatever. I don't feel comfortable driving much over a 100 with my little civic that could stop and turn on a dime, I just don't see how a semi fully loaded could even be comfortable getting close as many of them do to me on the highway.

For me the most dangerous part of my day, as well as many others, is on the highway. I drive alot, and there are just too many times where I am in a position where wildlife could jump in front of me and I would have no recourse to slow down. It is a helpless feeling that the trucker behind me I'm sure doesn't have.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why you let the big truck go ahead;a deer on the front of his truck is like a bird on your civic.
Ed Zachary. but some people are of the mentality that behind a truck is not the best place to be. gotta be in front, even if they can't or won't travel as fast.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often wish some of these people that are in a big frikken hurry would stop and figure out how much time they ACTUALLY saved by driving like a moron and putting themselves and others at risk.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why you think everyone in Alberta drives big jacked up diesels with HID's instead of gay little civics?(no offense) Then you don't have these problems. Now it's the deers problem,,, cause im goin a buck forty so look the fawk out...lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why you think everyone in Alberta drives big jacked up diesels with HID's instead of gay little civics?
Because they have small dicks, and the more coal they roll or more of a douche they drive like the tinier their manhood. I have a big diesel too but I don't need the ego stroke of driving it every day. I commute to work in a "gay little Honda" cause it gets 39mpg not 18.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because they have small dicks, and the more coal they roll or more of a douche they drive like the tinier their manhood. I have a big diesel too but I don't need the ego stroke of driving it every day. I commute to work in a "gay little Honda" cause it gets 39mpg not 18.
Oh well aren't you just awesome MR BIG DICK...lmao Well if you hit a deer cause a semis on yer azz don't cry to me about it...lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often wish some of these people that are in a big frikken hurry would stop and figure out how much time they ACTUALLY saved by driving like a moron and putting themselves and others at risk.
How long did it take you to get to Cooke that one year? HAHAHAHA...hello Pot...this is Kettle. LOL

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh well aren't you just awesome MR BIG DICK...lmao Well if you hit a deer cause a semis on yer azz don't cry to me about it...lol
Hey I never said I had a big dick, I'm just comfortable with it hahaha. If I hit a deer I'll come on here and say it's the semis fault wah wah wah, if I hit a moose... well you probably won't be hearing from me lol.

Top Bottom