aero commander fuel controler setting

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
what setting are guys running the commander settings at for a 800 etec aerocharger 174 2.5

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first three numbers almost turned off, and next three between 1 and 3 lights, a/f is around 13. at 7lbs

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
should i get rid of the intercooler and go with direct charge tube??? on a etec with a aerocharger

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i had did that 1/4 way threw the season, and found less hessitaion, and quicker response, but i added a coldair intake that i think droped charge temps more than the intercooler did, even on 50 second wot runs charge temps run 120f and power does not drop off

if you add the intercooler delete pipe, go with the one peice silicone hose over the short peice of pipe

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
Ya i got a full 1 peice silicone hose from absolute, so i think i will pull the intercooler out so i can get rid if the hesitation, were did you add the cold air intake? when you deleted the intercooler did you hav to change any fuel settings? did it want to run lean? does your check engine light come on sometimes, i think its the rave valve sensor, but no one can find it.

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
Has anyone heard that on a etec turbo you should straight pump side dump your exhaust??? and how does a p-85 primary and a tied secondary work on the etec turbos?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes after the coldair intake sled ran leaner, needed more fuel for the extra power, i get a few rave vavle codes at lower elevation, but once above 4000 feet there gone, as for side dump, tss did that for a trash kit we sent them, but the aero kit does the front dump and it never bogs out in deep snow, so i think its not needed, biggest gain is getting cold air to turbo rather than underhood air

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
do you have pics of how and were you put the coldair intake through on the panel?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i do, but we had our labtop stolen this last febuary, with all pictures on it, will take a few more tommorow

i had ran a 4inch 45 silicone hose straight out the back of the turbo, it just needed one hole in the side pannel, and looked good, had lots of compliments on it...lol ... seen over 50 degree drop in charge temps after

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are a few

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 218

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
Thanks alot it seemed to work better? it doesnt get in your way? what setting are you running your low boost and max boost fuel at? switch fuel? look pretty cool

Top Bottom