Accessories

Reaction score
So what should I put on my new xm?
Adjustable riser, scratchers, skid plate. Vent kit is a MUST have. Not sure about those hole saw shapes. Lol. Is there anything different?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skid plate, scratchers, cooker can for fine meals

Ride like ya stole it

First sled ever for me to not put bar risers, clutch kit ect on

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If you are going to be into early season riding a skid plate is a must IMHO. My recommendation would be for the extreme skid plate but that is just me. Scratchers are needed later on in the season as the trail starts to freeze. With my 2014 XM 163, I rarely used the scratchers until spring riding.

FYI, I haven't used a vent kit since 2012. The two '13's and the 2014 had great belt life without vent kits. In fact the 2014 has 2600 km on the stock belt.

Enjoy the ride; it will be sweet!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the brp float plate on my xm, it covers the a arms a lot more then the extreme skid plate. And I am in the middle of putting in a vent kit. I only got 700km out of my first belt. The clutches are so hot after a bit of riding you could cook on them. And a screen on the front of the nose is nice so the hole front end don't fill up with ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extreme skid plate, adjustable riser, vent grilles to keep powder out, scratchers. Put 1600km on a belt last year with no issues, didn't need venting. If I were to vent I'd put on the diamond S mesh hood though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 2700 km on my belt

Could keep going on it, but going to switch it for a good spare

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 08 had vents and it ate belts like there was no tomorrow. fine tuned it myself and used two each season but now have a 14 XM 163 and had no issues with belts and loving it every time I ride it. And its about time someone made a machine that didn't have issues for the first 5000kms... LOL yup that's the Doolaide talking

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vents aren't required on the xm. Lots out them on it makes them feel better but realistically don't need them

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the brp float plate on my xm, it covers the a arms a lot more then the extreme skid plate. And I am in the middle of putting in a vent kit. I only got 700km out of my first belt. The clutches are so hot after a bit of riding you could cook on them. And a screen on the front of the nose is nice so the hole front end don't fill up with ice.

Deffinetly need that front screen helps a lot

unimog

Reaction score
Drill out the bottom of the airbox and put a few round frogskins on it. I find my sled bogs if I'm in the deep stuff and this helps.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extreme plate protects the important stuff and doesn't get much ice built up on it. I'm installing an adjustable riser so I can lower it for tree riding and then raise it for the ride back to the truck and the screen for the grill is a must !

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Accessories I have already ordered for the new sled are the S-module reinforcement kit, extreme skid plate, summit rail reinforcement, ultra low windshield, under hood goggle bag, and of course quick clickers.

Still on the fence with regards to the BRP screen kit. I go through a lot of front bumpers and it could get expensive if I'm replacing the screen each time as well. I was originally leaning towards a TSS tunnel dump can but will likely go with HPS based on what I have read here and on other sites. I'm vertically challenged at 5'9" so I am also contemplating a RSI 3" riser to lower my bars 2" to keep them away from my chest when crashing thru the trees.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just go to the hardware store and get a bit of rubberized pet screen and make your own...zip tie on outside of grill,works great

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just go to the hardware store and get a bit of rubberized pet screen and make your own...zip tie on outside of grill,works great
Only thing is u need the screen for the air box the most, where the plunger opens up when top filters are plugged

Needs cover so not to Suck in snow or water

Top Bottom