AC/DC converter/rectifier Calgary Area

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get one of these or similar in the calgary area.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from KOSO out in Quebec. They are very good to deal with if you're trying to avoid duty and exchange charges. I'm sure if you called them this morning they could have it to you tomorrow. Their number is 1-877-777-0604.

If you're looking for something today the only thing I would suggest is to go down to princess auto and try to piece together a bridge rectifier/ voltage regulator from the surplus section.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal distributing had them too. Quick question. i fried my display last year after a couple years of use. I had it connected straight to an auxiliary 12 volt on my sled. I believe a got a voltage spike, display literally looks like it was zapped. Would this convertor fry in case of a short or over voltage? Would rather replace that than a 200$ display.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal distributing had them too. Quick question. i fried my display last year after a couple years of use. I had it connected straight to an auxiliary 12 volt on my sled. I believe a got a voltage spike, display literally looks like it was zapped. Would this convertor fry in case of a short or over voltage? Would rather replace that than a 200$ display.

The KOSO converter can handle up to a 30v spike which should cover anything you should ever see. Plus like you said at less than $65 with shipping it's good insurance.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
62$ shipped to calgary. hopefully this resolves my issue.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B&E eltronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, bridge wave rectifier at B&E off blackfoot, about $10. I think they are 250 V cap, been running them on my sled for years to power all my KOSO gauges, no issues.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I knew more about the electronics, probably wouldnt of ordered the $60 one if that $10 one does the same thing lol. to late now.

Top Bottom