Abs pack

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought an abs pack.
What's the best way to pack it and what should I put in it?
It's a 15L vario
Need some help here
Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought an abs pack.
What's the best way to pack it and what should I put in it?
It's a 15L vario
Need some help here
Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can nigger rig the shovel handle to the back on the outside but that's about it. The shovel and probe are inside on mine. IMO that pack wasn't set up right. Your shovel and probe would be better on the outside. If you think about it, while your buddy is suffocating in the snow your trying to get your pack open and stuff out. Then to be safe you need to put it back on. It takes to long IMO. I carry a first aid kit, fire starting equipment, glow sticks, flashlight, emergency blanket, folding saw, license plate for sled LOL, and a few other things. I don't pack anything that I would take out at the end of the day. That way the pack is always right and ready to go.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can nigger rig the shovel handle to the back on the outside but that's about it. The shovel and probe are inside on mine. IMO that pack wasn't set up right. Your shovel and probe would be better on the outside. If you think about it, while your buddy is suffocating in the snow your trying to get your pack open and stuff out. Then to be safe you need to put it back on. It takes to long IMO. I carry a first aid kit, fire starting equipment, glow sticks, flashlight, emergency blanket, folding saw, license plate for sled LOL, and a few other things. I don't pack anything that I would take out at the end of the day. That way the pack is always right and ready to go.
Put what you need in it to survive a night on the mountain rest goes in the sled

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blade on the outside of the bag. You need to take the handle apart in order for it to fit in the bag, otherwise its too long. Probes fit in the bag fine. Other than that spare gloves, fire starter and first aid kit are all that fit in mine. The rest stay in storage bags on the sled.

Top Bottom