ABCSnow One organization Survey, Very important!!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, this is a shout out to all of our ABCSnow Clubs to watch their inbox. A message has been sent to our presidents, with a link to a survey regarding one provincial organization.
Please consult with your board, and club members before completing. There is room for comments, so please feel free to add your thoughts in the space provided. We are all one, and I feel a new day is upon us, with the potential to make amazing strides of progress in organized snowmobiling.

thank you!

Trish Drinkle
President ABCSnow

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I know what was keeping Trish so busy all spring. Good luck and hopefully at the end we will have a stronger voice.

Thank you Mr Cat!! I'm wound pretty tight right now, but feel so inspired. This process is a very good one, engaging so many voices, not only our clubs, but people concerned about the well being and longevity of our sport. I have greater understanding for the breakdown in communication back in the day, and I am absolutely certain history will not repeat itself. We really are an amazing user group. So many people with so much drive to make a difference.
Have an awesome day!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trish, have there been many responses so far?

There have been a handful of responses so far, but also I've been linked via email into the many clubs who are reaching out to their membership for input. This is something I feel is very important. Taking time to really discuss with the riders each club and our organization represents gives us a very clear understanding of not only their positions, but also their needs. So a lot of action being taken right now in response to the survey. If you belong to an ABCSnow club, be sure to dialogue with your board of directors and president so they can give accurate representation of your club's position. Everyone has a voice in this, and every voice is needed.
Thank you to all of the people engaging in this process!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll do a full reveal at the end of the month. About half of our clubs have responded so far, and many are still awaiting feedback from their members and board. It is a very constructive process is what I'm seeing so far. Really getting into the nitty gritty of what our clubs want, what their unique needs are, and what they'd like to see for the future.
Pretty quick we'll reveal the data, we just want to give all of our clubs a chance to participate.

Thank you!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The majority of our member clubs have now responded. We're scheduling a President's call at the end of the month to go over the survey results and discuss the situation. Thank you to everyone who has participated in this survey! It has really shed light on the situation, and for that I am thankful.

It's funny, as the President there are some praising me for efforts, a very few smack talking me... but in reality it is not my efforts, or my voice. It isn't the boards voice being heard.. it is yours. You are our people, you are the voice, and you are the ones to direct the flow of organized snowmobiling. A true leader, leads not by their own opinions or ego, they are led by the voice of their people. In this case, the voice of our people is all of us. Our member clubs have responded, and have been heard, and the voice of today's rider is being heard. Snowmobilers. No matter where you live, what organization or club you belong to, the success of our sport lies within each person who has passion for pow. Each person who takes the time to care about the direction of organized snowmobiling. I am proud to be a part of the process and a small piece of the puzzle. I feel it is time that the voice of Today's rider rings out loud and clear. Your voice is being heard.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something powerful that needs to happen.

If you represent a club or are even just a member, bring this survey and this discussion up to your Directors and get your feedback in and get their A$$es in gear. There are a lot of talkers and what we need is actions at this point.

Trish you are doing amazing and regrouping the snowmobiling community under one organization should be looked at as a huge accomplishment. (if it proceeds)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I assume as a member of VARDA you speak on my behalf?

If you represent a club or are even just a member, bring this survey and this discussion up to your Directors and get your feedback in and get their A$$es in gear. There are a lot of talkers and what we need is actions at this point.

Trish you are doing amazing and regrouping the snowmobiling community under one organization should be looked at as a huge accomplishment. (if it proceeds)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Well said Curtis! There is no possible reason that this should not succeed. ABCSnow started because certain people couldn't "fix" the BCSF from within years ago.

The BCSF, with a lot of hard work and diligence, has been turned around and is on track and growing. Attention to budgets, transparency, serving our clubs needs, and new blood have put a new light on a great organization.

It would be a great way to celebrate the BCSF's 50 year anniversary; one organization for snowmobilers in a great province for snowmobiling!

Keep up the great work Trish and Curtis. Snowmobilers need people with energy

skeeter800x

Reaction score
I hope that the BCSF can regain a hold of the various clubs that were once part of this organization. Many clubs did not seek the support from their members before making a drastic move.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that the BCSF can regain a hold of the various clubs that were once part of this organization. Many clubs did not seek the support from their members before making a drastic move.

In this situation it is not so much about the BCSF gaining a hold of ABCSnow. It is about the snowmobiling community coming together, to work as a united force to minimize waste, and maximize effort. It is about a mutual respect, and a focus on the future. If there is any forward action, it will be something that can redefine organized snowmobiling in British Columbia, creating much more power and impact when we are trying to accomplish goals. Both Boards are strong, but lets face it, people aren't jumping up and down to pitch in and make things happen, for either organization. It is a really tasking role to take on a leadership role for a provincial organization. There are so many issues we face from land access, species at risk, membership stimulation and organization, safety education and long term revenue generation. It can be tedious, especially for volunteers. We all have families and jobs to pay the bills. I believe we are at a very important crossroads for organized snowmobiling.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a couple replies on this thread that seem to suggest the BCSF leading this organization, comments about regaining a hold of clubs etc. I've only seen comments from ABCSnow up to this point and about feedback from their clubs. If the BCSF is not chiming in, I would think its presumptuous to assume that. Thanks Trish for being open and honest in dealing with the clubs, public and supporters in our sport. Whatever organization comes out of this, I hope they share your transparency and willingness to engage. I, personally, will continue to support whatever organization has this kind of leadership, I'd welcome it if you were leading a new provincial organization.

Top Bottom