ABCSnow One organization Survey, Very important!!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a couple replies on this thread that seem to suggest the BCSF leading this organization, comments about regaining a hold of clubs etc. I've only seen comments from ABCSnow up to this point and about feedback from their clubs. If the BCSF is not chiming in, I would think its presumptuous to assume that. Thanks Trish for being open and honest in dealing with the clubs, public and supporters in our sport. Whatever organization comes out of this, I hope they share your transparency and willingness to engage. I, personally, will continue to support whatever organization has this kind of leadership, I'd welcome it if you were leading a new provincial organization.
X2 trish

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally!!! Should we start a new thread Trish?Haha.Good to see that it is being talked about. It is a start. Thanks.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Finally!!! Should we start a new thread Trish?Haha.Good to see that it is being talked about. It is a start. Thanks.

From a BCSF perspective, at the Spring General meeting, it was an unanimous vote, among clubs and Directors, to work towards one Provincial organization. This is some of the ongoing discussion and process. It is my feeling that one organization will happen.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a couple replies on this thread that seem to suggest the BCSF leading this organization, comments about regaining a hold of clubs etc. I've only seen comments from ABCSnow up to this point and about feedback from their clubs. If the BCSF is not chiming in, I would think its presumptuous to assume that. Thanks Trish for being open and honest in dealing with the clubs, public and supporters in our sport. Whatever organization comes out of this, I hope they share your transparency and willingness to engage. I, personally, will continue to support whatever organization has this kind of leadership, I'd welcome it if you were leading a new provincial organization.
Seeing as how the ABCSnow is the only one polling it's members it is logical to assume the plan is to reunite with the BCSF. Either way, I agree that Trish would be a very good choice to lead us forward into the future. ( at least until she burns out, like a supernova. )

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is awesome news. One thing I think is very important though is that people set egos and past grievances aside, and think about the future of our sport. From a few of the replies on here I am already getting the vibe that some people are looking down their noses at the ABCSC like they are a petulant child that has finally decided to behave and come home. That is not the case. But that is not what is important...what is important is having one organization representing snowmobilers in BC. Trish touched on two important points........the first one being the obvious one, that one united front is going to be much more effective when dealing with government and other key stakeholders. The other one that she mentioned that alot of people probably dont think about is the massive amount of volunteer hours that people like her put into these clubs. This effort is basically being doubled by having two clubs. Two clubs....two presidents, two clubs.....two secretarys, etc. It is really hard to put in the number of volunteer hours that are required to do a good job in these positions. One club is going to help this immensely.

Great job Trish and keep up the great work.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. In all reality, for me, any position I can contribute to our sport I'm happy and honored to fill. I feel an intense sense of humble right now. I am learning so much about leadership and the politics of our sport as I go, thankfully with the help of so many wise and passionate people. There really is a wealth of knowledge in both organizations. Above all else I want our member clubs to know that we are listening to their voices, and their voice is important. To me it is a sad day if an organization dismisses the voice of those they are supposed to represent to follow their own agenda.
I have a tremendous amount of admiration and respect for people on both the ABCSnow and BCSF boards, and all the hard working clubs we represent. Getting to know everyone as we work together on common issues such as Caribou, and the NTC funding has really been beneficial. Thank you again everyone for your comments, feedback, and to the clubs that participated in the survey. Now that I'm feeling healthy again, I've got my wooo HOOOO back! I seriously can't wait for the snow to fall! Get dancing everyone!
Thank you!

Trish Drinkle

Top Bottom