A word of caution about AVY Packs

Polar Express

Reaction score
I decided to bring this post over as well....

I'm very excited to see all the interest in the inflatable packs! And I agree that with the new, lower price-point BCA is offering, more folks will be wearing them. I like the idea enough that my wife and I will each have one as soon as they arrive.

I would like to humbly offer a word of caution:

Don't go anywhere you wouldn't go if you didn't have it!

I'm a firm believer education and avoidance is the best way to come home alive. Our beacons, probes, packs and shovels are supposed to be the items we have IN-CASE everything else went cow-poop on us.

The reason I started this thread is I hope folks out there don't think " I gotta pack so I don't need a class" or "I got the rescue stuff, so I'll be fine if the area we're riding slides". We wear it, but we shouldn't ever use it.

Ok, I'll put the soap box away for now. Sorry for being the party-pooper.

PE

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I decided to bring this post over as well....

I'm very excited to see all the interest in the inflatable packs! And I agree that with the new, lower price-point BCA is offering, more folks will be wearing them. I like the idea enough that my wife and I will each have one as soon as they arrive.

I would like to humbly offer a word of caution:

Don't go anywhere you wouldn't go if you didn't have it!

I'm a firm believer education and avoidance is the best way to come home alive. Our beacons, probes, packs and shovels are supposed to be the items we have IN-CASE everything else went cow-poop on us.

The reason I started this thread is I hope folks out there don't think " I gotta pack so I don't need a class" or "I got the rescue stuff, so I'll be fine if the area we're riding slides". We wear it, but we shouldn't ever use it.

Ok, I'll put the soap box away for now. Sorry for being the party-pooper.

PE

Good point, If you need to use the gear, you, Or someone around you has effed up bad already....

Top Bottom