A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard Rogers pass is going to get 30-40cm tonight...

we came in last night...roads were sketchy...huge pileup with 3 semis, a few cars, and two guys with a deck in the ditc. everyone looked ok. sorry to the guys with the deck that we didnt stop to help you out...we had a trailer and it would have made things more dangerous if we had stopped.

dan...I see your machine out front this morning..I like the wrap.

ride safe

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Revy on Saturday. 8-12" of fresh on a solid base. Visibility mostly sucked except for 2 glorious hours when the clouds parted. Overall a great day. When we left Sunday morning there was 6" on the trucks and I can see why Sunday was a great day (in the right place). The snow conditions were way low for this time of the year and I can't help but think how many days over a year that a 3" track would really add ANY value. If you lived in Revy and could get out during or right after a storm maybe, but the POW window is so small, expecially in heavy wet snow areas like Revy where the snow sets up so quickly, I just can't see the value.

We had a great ride on our little 2.5 163 sleds, found the snow, yet could go anywhere and climb anything we dared. Good on the BRP for marketing the t3, we sure saw a lot of them on the beaten path or waiting and watching at the bottom of the hill.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we came in last night...roads were sketchy...huge pileup with 3 semis, a few cars, and two guys with a deck in the ditc. everyone looked ok. sorry to the guys with the deck that we didnt stop to help you out...we had a trailer and it would have made things more dangerous if we had stopped.

ride safe
You must have been just behind me. They stopped me at the west most lights in Golden so I turned back and took the Upper rd. I think about a half hour after I got around they had it open to single lane traffic. Traffic lady said it was a big pileup but no fatalities so that was good to hear.

On the detour a group of snowboarders had stuck their suv in the snowbank but unfortunately I had flown out to grab a truck and didn't have a strap. They were shoveling and looked pretty close to having it out. Aussie's winter driving lol.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
WOW! Great post to this thread.Thanks for coming.....buhbye
We rode Revy on Saturday. 8-12" of fresh on a solid base. Visibility mostly sucked except for 2 glorious hours when the clouds parted. Overall a great day. When we left Sunday morning there was 6" on the trucks and I can see why Sunday was a great day (in the right place). The snow conditions were way low for this time of the year and I can't help but think how many days over a year that a 3" track would really add ANY value. If you lived in Revy and could get out during or right after a storm maybe, but the POW window is so small, expecially in heavy wet snow areas like Revy where the snow sets up so quickly, I just can't see the value.

We had a great ride on our little 2.5 163 sleds, found the snow, yet could go anywhere and climb anything we dared. Good on the BRP for marketing the t3, we sure saw a lot of them on the beaten path or waiting and watching at the bottom of the hill.

chris79

Reaction score

ride safe

So no invite or what!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah I don't know man the 2.5in tracks seem to have a hard time keeping up with me? I'm embarassing LOTS of boosted sleds this season too.

I'm sure you are a way better rider than us though.....

Last edited:

chris79

Reaction score
other way around...I'm usually the entertainment!

I didn't think you wanted to be the 11th person in our group...couple weeks dude..lets go wherever

Ya, just bugging ya. Rode fernie this weekend. Better than i thought it would be. Trees were pretty decent actually. Im up for whatever. Maybe we could hook up with andy again. See where the snow is i guess.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, just bugging ya. Rode fernie this weekend. Better than i thought it would be. Trees were pretty decent actually. Im up for whatever. Maybe we could hook up with andy again. See where the snow is i guess.

Could you PM the guy??? Jezuss....lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The t3 will beat any other brand in deep snow easily. The difference between the 2.5 and 3" is HUGE, I don't care what the track speed is, they flat out work and climb things that you would not expect. My pro felt gutless after riding a t3.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The t3 will beat any other brand in deep snow easily. The difference between the 2.5 and 3" is HUGE, I don't care what the track speed is, they flat out work and climb things that you would not expect. My pro felt gutless after riding a t3.

Yeah they are a pretty wicked sled. We'll have to go for a ride one of these days Jonny:beer:

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The t3 will beat any other brand in deep snow easily. The difference between the 2.5 and 3" is HUGE, I don't care what the track speed is, they flat out work and climb things that you would not expect. My pro felt gutless after riding a t3.[/QUOTE

Were you on the 600 tho Johnny... lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The t3 will beat any other brand in deep snow easily. The difference between the 2.5 and 3" is HUGE, I don't care what the track speed is, they flat out work and climb things that you would not expect. My pro felt gutless after riding a t3.[/QUOTE

Were you on the 600 tho Johnny... lol

Lol Believe me, Jonny makes that Pro Look way better than most people do:beer:

Top Bottom