A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

Oldskoolp

Reaction score
Sun was shining on Revelstoke today! But,,, I broke 2 motor mounts and had to cut the day short.

Rear mount on the clutch side the bolt sheared off. On the front mount the bolt is still there, but the mount is fawked, so you can just lift the motor up out of the mount...

So I tied the motor down best that I could and limped it out.

Was at Turtle lake when they broke,, so not exactly the best spot to have a break down. Most definitely a No Tow Zone... Helicopter ride forsure.

Figures too, as I was just talking up the sleds reliability today....lol

[url]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb415/revy1516/DSC_7405-1_zpsdchjzkmj.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb415/revy1516/DSC_7418_zpso15eqkx4.jpg[/URL]

It was reliable it still got you out

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a bit of an adventure just driving up the logging road today. Mud/rock slide season...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sun was out, we built a real nice sender. And sure as **** the motor blows up on Kalons Cat..

Tried towing him out but wasnt working out too good. Deep slush,, rolling sleds tied together ext ext

Was like 8pm and I didnt really want to right off my sled and was packing expensive camera gear,
so we had to leave the sled on the hill and double down some steep bobsled runs, whoops ext.

So going to make another attempt in the morning when the ground is frozen and if that doesnt work
its chopper time...

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
It was reliable it still got you out
My motor mounts wore out also. Dealer had a bin full of replacements. Coincidence? Screenshot_20170503-162228.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My motor mounts wore out also. Dealer had a bin full of replacements. Coincidence? View attachment 204610

Yeah the PTO mounts wear out pretty fast. They are pretty soft to take some vibration out of the bars I think.

The rear PTO side mount uses a weaker bolt that is designed to break first and the other 3 mounts use a grade 8 bolt.

The stock mounts were on backorder, so I did some customizing and went to a more solid mount. (still has a little give) and grade 8 bolt

Little more vibration in the bars at idle, but other than that seems to be working fine

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adam was supposed to get a pic of me wheelying over the top of the hill but this is what he came up with... Nice try gemstar...lol

Still like the pic though

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HUGE slide came down just outside of Revelstoke today. Couple miles from my house.

If I had been sledding back there like I do often, could have been trapped on the other side
for a day or 2....

Oldskoolp

Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a down tree blocking the way into one of our favorite spots so we went up with a chainsaw today to clear the road and were planning on going back to ride sunday, when it is supposed to be sunny.

It was a big F'in tree and we only had a chitty lil Poulan chainsaw so it wound up taking a couple hours, but we had a couple beers and it was nice out so it was kinda fun.

Top Bottom