A good day for the oil patch

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is an expected and welcome announcement for the people of BC. With these natural gas facilities coming online, it will help provide an economic boom. In actual fact this is bad news for Enbridge.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some unbelievable wells have been drilled in the last ten years. My old man was the consultant on one of the first big ones out there. The pressures in some of these zones is unbelievable.

That will be great to be able to actually start selling the gas so it spurs more drilling.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way, the natural gas they are looking at for export is from BC, an all around good thing for this province.

The gas is from BC but it will stimulate the economy from both BC and Alberta. Most oilfield services and drilling contractors come out of Alberta. It will be a win win for both provinces.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is really against natural gas...

One never knows about those greenies........they can change their minds quite quickly when it comes to special frogs in streams, or old growth trees, or caribou, or the white Spirit bears!

I agree, that this is a low pollution industry but there still needs to be a pipeline built and there are a large group of people in BC who are against that type of development even tho' they like all the amenities that development brings.

Like I said, :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Assaulter13

Reaction score
This is great news for workers and sledders in BC. I spent the past weekend riding pipeline right of ways north of Fort St. John - there were 16 of us out playing in 4 ft of untouched snow. Bring on more pipelines to the coast! Untouched snow on wide open pipelines make for some great sledding - and it is great for the economy to boot -- seems like a win/win to me.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is great news. There is also talk of expanding the TransCanada pipeline to New Brunswick. The patch is in a slump and these pipelines would put the patch on a busy even keel for many years to come. This would benefit the entire country.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good thing! It will provide lots of jobs during construction and through the operating years. Interesting that the announcement comes 4 months before the election.

Poor Willy will not know what to doo now! It will probably be a night for :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

We can use popcorn on the roof....

Top Bottom