99 670X track

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock track on a 99 670X is 2" correct. I talk to the dealer here but just want to make sure.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. But thanks for the info and ya it says on there 1 3/4 track. I guess mt local dealer is on crack then.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya our local dealer is not that smart. When's your first trip planned Sask? If your looking for a different track, I maybe selling the track off my 05 151. I'm putting a track off an 06 on mine.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 98 670X had the 1 3/4 then switched to the 2 inch paddle track. If you are changing to the 2 inch then you need to change the drivers in order for it to fit. If I was you I would change to a 144 or up it to a 151 16 wide. You will still have a home sled and a mountian sled.

Michael

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slamnek
we are outa here at noon on the 26th. Might have room want to join?

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is enough room. When they went to the 16 wide track you would have thought that they would have changed tunnel width as well. That is why i measured it and found out that the tunnels are still the same width as before. I have two friends that have put 16 wides under 02 sled and 97 sled. Not sure exactly how much more work it is but it should not be any more work then installing a longer track. Calll a dealer or aftermarket shop that does actually doo work on older sleds it instead of contacting a local dealer that is only a depot for warranties and new equipment from doo.

Michael

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get a 16 wide under it? is there enough room?

It's not to bad, a bit of grinding, turning a couple bolts around and rivoting from the inside out will do it, the biggest problem is the reinfocement brakets for the drop bracket and top idler wheel axle the way they are made with the bumps for strengh.

Attachments

• DSCF2874.jpg
    DSCF2874.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF2917.jpg
    DSCF2917.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 17

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting that up 99sumx. I was going to tell him about yours as well.

Any riding trips planned for the near future. I will be heading out Dec 9-13. It will be easy to find you cause we also ride a 99 summit x as well. I should have just dumped all the new junk and did that to my old 99. How did you compare with the the blue xp. It looked like there was not much difference.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting that up 99sumx. I was going to tell him about yours as well.

Any riding trips planned for the near future. I will be heading out Dec 9-13. It will be easy to find you cause we also ride a 99 summit x as well. I should have just dumped all the new junk and did that to my old 99. How did you compare with the the blue xp. It looked like there was not much difference.

I have a few tuning issuse to take care of, then will be good, as for compared to the xp, sorry there is no comparisen, the old s chassis will never be close to that thing, the floatation was the biggest thing, whereI would be starting to trench in he could pull along side, slow down and then getv take off and leave me behind. Oh well at least I have 3 days in this season so far.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i have a few tuning issuse to take care of, then will be good, as for compared to the xp, sorry there is no comparisen, the old s chassis will never be close to that thing, the floatation was the biggest thing, wherei would be starting to trench in he could pull along side, slow down and then getv take off and leave me behind. Oh well at least i have 3 days in this season so far.

ya, the xp has the 150+ pounds of weight savings and advanced suspension technology behind them..... Big difference, but were you happy with what you've done..... Must be big difference in ride, handling and climbing ability, eh?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, the xp has the 150+ pounds of weight savings and advanced suspension technology behind them..... Big difference, but were you happy with what you've done..... Must be big difference in ride, handling and climbing ability, eh?

Real happy with the outcome, in places that I used to get worried about getting out of, it walked up at half throttle whiched helped in handling as well thru trees and things.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think the boy will like the upgrade. He is only 13 it will be a big change going from the 136x 1 3/4 to a 144 x 2 should send him a little higher. He is only about 100lbs might give me a run for my money.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think the boy will like the upgrade. He is only 13 it will be a big change going from the 136x 1 3/4 to a 144 x 2 should send him a little higher. He is only about 100lbs might give me a run for my money.

If your sticking to the 144 x2 it will do wonders for a light rider, but do the 8 tooth extro's and a good set of rail extensions that be used in later upgrades. You will nee:beer:d to cut windows out for extros but thats easy with a hole saw and jig saw, every 3rd window clipped is fine, feel free to PM if you have any questions and if I can't help I know a couple that will

Top Bottom