98 summitx

98670X

Reaction score
So pulled my sled of the back of my truck today, when the skis where still in the box and the track was on the ground it imedialty started pourn fuel out of the carbs big timeis this normal?...i climbs steeper inclines than that, is it pourin out then too? runs fine, just weird

polaradoo583

Reaction score
how long was it sitting without running? could the needle & seat have dried up in the float bowls, not making a good seal to shut off?
was the ass-end sitting up on top the closed tailgate?
Rotax is famous for flooding if the ass end sits higher then the front (angled downward).

98670X

Reaction score
sat in my pickup mabey 2 week after my last ride, no tailgate on the truck, yah like i said ,slid it out and just started pissin out the bottom of my sled , i opened the hood to see ,and it was commin out of my overflow hoses. The last ride i went on it was very hard on gas, but if it were my seats it wouldnt run good at all , right?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call your friendly BRP dealer and replace the needle and seat assemblies (the ones in it are viton tipped). There is a heavier brass needle and seat (I think they were used in the older Mach 670's). Better starting, and don't flood as easily. Solves the pointed downhill problem.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call your friendly BRP dealer and replace the needle and seat assemblies (the ones in it are viton tipped). There is a heavier brass needle and seat (I think they were used in the older Mach 670's). Better starting, and don't flood as easily. Solves the pointed downhill problem.

adjusting the floats correctly will also help the downhill problem. the 583's were notorious for this, tbut the 670X's also had issues.

Top Bottom