9-11: Where were you, what were you doing?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The 10th anniversary is all over the news and it was an horrific event.

Just wondering what were you doing and where were you when the tragedy happened?

I was putting siding on our new house. The one comment that I remember making at the time was, "the world will never be the same again!"

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can almost remember a time when I wasn't sick of hearing about it. But I guess this is our generations Kennedy assassination.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was waching bbc world news like i normally did when i woke up. they had the background image as tower 1 on fire live. then the second plane flew right behind the news reporter and i knew something was weird at that poiint. wont forget that moment.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was my second week of college and second week being away from home for the first time.....I lived right across from the army base in Winnipeg on route 90 in an apartment, by the time I got home from school every single tank, jeep, truck etc.... that base loaction had was was in a long line ready to be sent off to war ....really weird to see that....

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at work when someone said something about it. I didnt know much about the trade centers and just thought it was just another attack. Then slowly everyone started watching the tv's and I realized what really happened and what was going on.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On location south of Lethbridge, sleeping in my pickup waiting for the rig to run casing. A friend of mine phoned me to tell me what was happening, and at first I thought it must be a little plane like a Cessna. He told me it was a jet airliner, I couldn't believe it. Went in to the consultants shack to get numbers and he had his tv on CNN, right about then the second plane hit. My jaw dropped. Couldn't believe it. And the following days with not a single plane in the sky were eerie too.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I left for work and had the radio tuned to CBC when they said a plane had flown into the world trade center tower. they said they thought it was a small plane and I never gave it too much thought. then they announced that a second plane had hit, and both were large passenger jets. knew then it was some sort of attack and kept heading towards Happy Valley to load out an Ensign rig for Basnett Trucking. we loaded out, and everyone stopped at Rycroft and went into the lounge to check out the news on the TV, we stayed there for an hour watching the footage then carried on to the new lease. the next day we moved another rig, and the day after that I hauled some gravel crusher loads. business as usual....

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
kept hitting snooze on the radio alarm dreading going to highschool.... finally rolled out of bed, crawled to the kitchen, turned the tube on to witness the 2nd plane colliding with the WTC

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda remember my mom getting a phone call from my Grandma telling her to turn the T.V on and watch the news... I continued to play with my toys all through it. I was four at the time.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember mom telling me to wake up and turn on 770 (didn't have tv back then). I made myself a salt bath to take care of bmx wounds, and went on with my day.

Sent from my Desire HD

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had just woke up in my college dorm and went into the kitchen just after the first plane hit, I saw the second and thought they were all watching a movie, soon realizing that it was happening right now. Today i listened to the Howard Stern show the day it all happened. It was very depressing but i could'nt stop listening. Hearing people calling in watching the chaos unfold was unbeliveable. Crazy sad day.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just waking up I was 19 passed out on brothers living room floor look up at his 62inch big screen to see the first tower burning, was hung over. Thought it was a movie then the second one hit couldnt believe it!! Sobering moment

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember hearing about it on the radio, and we were hauling equipment into Ritchie Brothers in Nisku, and the sight of all the planes landing at the international airport was unreal, on my last trip of the day, I remember all the tarmacks were full and everything but the runways had jumbo jets on them... very surreal.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Woke up that morning as usual to get ready for work. Turned on the tv and went to tune in to Global Edm. Instead stayed on the American channel cause there was a strange story of a plane hitting tower 1. Smoke was coming from the tower and there was a lot of confusion as to what was happening, and then the second jet hit the second tower. I was a bit late getting to work that day and opening up the store.

Sent from my old skool iPhone 3G

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Late start that day to harvest. Could not beleive what I was seeing on TV. Got incredibly mad and prayed the US would find out who did it and retaliate. I've always been an eye for an eye kinda guy.......

Top Bottom