850 summit can

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks birdie , Good to here not the enjoying life but new owner , I will contact new owner and start dealing with them again .
TPow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't like Ken either?

Demon700

Reaction score
I love how guys trash the Thing can, but should really try it and then talk. Granted the fit and finish is bad on the outside, but all of the ones I had on the inside have been clean and smooth. Don't let those sharp angles fool you, that man sits and tries every single angle out, same with the spacing, pipe diameter and all. Al will dyno and altitude tune that can tell its spot on. If you seen his shop and his testing you would understand, just cause others have a smooth bend and a nice weld on the outside don't mean much. All mfg's have come along way in testing though from previous years, as the motors get finickier the mfg's get smarter. Personally I have a GGB mountain lite, had it on my 146, it sounds loud and sharp looks clean but I took it off and put a Thing on. I had a Thing on my 163 as well. I will have one on my 850 165 too. Close to 10,000 miles on Thing cans for both Polaris and Doo and I will keep going with the Thing for as long as Al builds them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I love how guys trash the Thing can, but should really try it and then talk. Granted the fit and finish is bad on the outside, but all of the ones I had on the inside have been clean and smooth. Don't let those sharp angles fool you, that man sits and tries every single angle out, same with the spacing, pipe diameter and all. Al will dyno and altitude tune that can tell its spot on. If you seen his shop and his testing you would understand, just cause others have a smooth bend and a nice weld on the outside don't mean much. All mfg's have come along way in testing though from previous years, as the motors get finickier the mfg's get smarter. Personally I have a GGB mountain lite, had it on my 146, it sounds loud and sharp looks clean but I took it off and put a Thing on. I had a Thing on my 163 as well. I will have one on my 850 165 too. Close to 10,000 miles on Thing cans for both Polaris and Doo and I will keep going with the Thing for as long as Al builds them.

and I am just waiting for the real world testing to be done (not in a corn field) at the elevation that we ride. Two have been ordered for the 850's. I have enough confidence in the SledShed Revy not to worry about codes or inconsistencies.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I look at all of those segmented angle pieces and wonder the consistency of one cans flow to another in a production line. Mind you Its no different than hand building a set of pipes to custom tune each cyl pipe to maximum Hp and torque which is the best way to build pipes imo. But Mandrel bending has and always will be the best way to mass exhaust components.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
if shape of the cooker can baffles you , a look at what the inside of stock cans looks like would totally baffle you in trying to understand flow .the equipment that I use to measure flow is accurate to the third decimal point and allows me to build some crazy looking cans that work very well as we focus on what is important and that is matching the stock cans flow charteristics.
that keeps the fuel mapping that the stock sled is set up for and doesn't throw you any codes .this requires what I call playing pool with the internal flow .because we are going around that wid flow obstruction cooker pot it would and does require a weird lookin can.
I could build them out of square pipe and have them work just as well .
but I do understand for some its more about the looks than-performance

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if shape of the cooker can baffles you , a look at what the inside of stock cans looks like would totally baffle you in trying to understand flow .the equipment that I use to measure flow is accurate to the third decimal point and allows me to build some crazy looking cans that work very well as we focus on what is important and that is matching the stock cans flow charteristics.
that keeps the fuel mapping that the stock sled is set up for and doesn't throw you any codes .this requires what I call playing pool with the internal flow .because we are going around that wid flow obstruction cooker pot it would and does require a weird lookin can.

The last sentence is solid gold.

Like. Make sure your pants match your wrap and matches your truck and flat brimmed hat. LOL

Ps: I love my Thing Cooker on my T3. So do all my riding buddies too.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last sentence is solid gold.

Like. Make sure your pants match your wrap and matches your truck and flat brimmed hat. LOL

Ps: I love my Thing Cooker on my T3. So do all my riding buddies too.

But if I don't match how will you tell how cool I am? That's what most guys at the cabins are worried about!

Driftbuster

Reaction score

Hows the cooker cans for the 8 fiddy coming along? I will be in revy this week and if you have em available I will definitely stop in and grab one, Toss it on in the parking lot and no more frozen granola bars for me !! :cool:

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Herd that a lot of the cans are throwing codes and some sleds have gone into limp mode and that some of manufactures aren't releasing their product till they get it figured out.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to the reps right from the factory last season......the sled is perfectly balanced why would you want to mess that up ? supposedly huge money went into development just for that. I will be rocking my XM for one more season but when I do make the jump the only reason I would get a can is to cook a hot meal if room doesn't permit.......That's the only reason my xm has a sled shed can on it.

skidoo174

Reaction score
Talked to the diamond s guys, they tested theirs for 2 months last season, said it gained throttle response and obviously huge weight loss
Couple big ski doo guys said they flat out work great....
I ordered one so time will tell

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the diamond s guys, they tested theirs for 2 months last season, said it gained throttle response and obviously huge weight loss
Couple big ski doo guys said they flat out work great....
I ordered one so time will tell

That was last year's proto. Completely different than what has been built for production .
Good luck.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a US can builder about two weeks ago, and they refuse to release their can till its been properly tested on a production sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Herd that a lot of the cans are throwing codes and some sleds have gone into limp mode and that some of manufactures aren't releasing their product till they get it figured out.

MBRP put out a recall on the 850 cans

Top Bottom