850 summit can

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey you should look at the precision cooker can. Way nicer construction then the sled shed. It's from westlock power sports
Well there's lots of guys like Fernie and me that you will have a hard time converting from the thing, it's proven, tested at altitude, with no issues
Yup, real pretty lookn little tig welds but not so nice when they crack way out back in the hills and you have to do some long pulls to get out with crazy heat flowing in engine compartment melting all your plastic and wiring. Saw it first hand and been told it was not the only one. Aparently they have it figured out now but definately a piss off.
Yet again on a can thread, who cares what the welds look like, the friggin panel is closed till lunch is done, and it only open once to put lunch in, and not very long after to take lunch out

Its tested at altitude and proven, I've never seen or heard of one crack, and must have been a bad one

I've got 8000 km on mine, only thing wrong is the stainless cooker is wore out and rusty and need new one

sent while drinking tea's

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well there's lots of guys like Fernie and me that you will have a hard time converting from the thing, it's proven, tested at altitude, with no issues

Yet again on a can thread, who cares what the welds look like, the friggin panel is closed till lunch is done, and it only open once to put lunch in, and not very long after to take lunch out

Its tested at altitude and proven, I've never seen or heard of one crack, and must have been a bad one

I've got 8000 km on mine, only thing wrong is the stainless cooker is wore out and rusty and need new one

Just drop in and see Kathy, They have lots of replacement ones. You deserve a new one!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a GGB can today. Sled was on the shop floor. 3 good things I can see. Less weight than stocker, room for a cooker, and I can't hear my wife yelling at me. Man they are loud!

They have the mountain and trail style cans. That likely was the mountain as the trail is the quietest can I have ever owned.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Who cares what it looks like? Haha
BRP should just send crap welds and real chitty fit and finish as well then??
The thing in past years looks like someone was just learning to weld.
Terrible quality on that end . IMO

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This must be a tapatalk problem, I keep getting directed to the atv forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked, and had a good lmao at what AL said about the same can for 4 different engines

Wow is all I have to say

uninc...

Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree with above. I'm no exhaust expert, But I see those sharp angles on the inlet and don't think that would promote flow really, neither does sticking a muffpot in the middle of it. And they aren't cheap either. Id rather have a real can and use my microwave when I want a warm meal.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After the information sharing incident last year, no thank you. I will support the original supplier and be happy doing so.

That's funny as back in 2003 someone copied Scott's HPS muffler right to the exact twin chamber design?
Weird ?? Lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked, and had a good lmao at what AL said about the same can for 4 different engines

Wow is all I have to say

Lol yah that one paragraph didn't surprise me tho. Advertising rk tec BB's and all Kelsey was supplying was the head and coolant cover, and Kelsey told me this himself!

I hope those practices from that certain business is gone with the new owners.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the westlock powersports can cracking. Read firs type second.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firs eh, I.c

Read your post, and look at what you quoted

Make what ya said, sound like your talking about the sled shed can

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Lol yah that one paragraph didn't surprise me tho. Advertising rk tec BB's and all Kelsey was supplying was the head and coolant cover, and Kelsey told me this himself!

I hope those practices from that certain business is gone with the new owners.

Same owners different name.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHHHH U got lost in the sarcasm in that original post. Sorry fella, I'll dumb it down for ya next time.
Firs eh, I.c

Read your post, and look at what you quoted

Make what ya said, sound like your talking about the sled shed can

Top Bottom