850 summit can

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speciality Motorsports cans are ceramic coated as well so you won't get all the heat people are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
have our testing done now as the snow has cooperated. have selected one that met my criteria . I am pretty sure you sledders are going to like what we have for you in the 850 can .as I have played with the sound for decades I must say this motor offered a definite sound challenge . lots of persistence has brought a very nice sounding can . we gained a few lbs but this was necessary to protect the panels from the heat and deliver on a quieter sound
.the cooker can is now in production and we are working on our order list that has grown since june in numbers . all things go well I should be caught up by mid December.
the regular can is still on the design table as we are working on some new flow patterns internally that we designed a year ago that allowed us to be quieter than stock on an xm800 chassi .

no surprise some are having code issues as its clear to me as to why they are .

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have our testing done now as the snow has cooperated. have selected one that met my criteria . I am pretty sure you sledders are going to like what we have for you in the 850 can .as I have played with the sound for decades I must say this motor offered a definite sound challenge . lots of persistence has brought a very nice sounding can . we gained a few lbs but this was necessary to protect the panels from the heat and deliver on a quieter sound
.the cooker can is now in production and we are working on our order list that has grown since june in numbers . all things go well I should be caught up by mid December.
the regular can is still on the design table as we are working on some new flow patterns internally that we designed a year ago that allowed us to be quieter than stock on an xm800 chassi .

no surprise some are having code issues as its clear to me as to why they are .

So have you got a pic of the new smoother bends on the 850 cooker can?
Any plans on a ceramic coated cooker can?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is weird how some have good luck with one brand and then another guy tests the exact same brand is losing RPM and significant power loss. I'm talking about the GGB. They ran stock exhaust on clicker 3 and then had to run the clicker on 5 to make up for rpm loss on the GGB can.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a GGB Trail can for sale ... too loud for my old man ears .. ran 1/2 a day

320 cdn
240 us

save a few bucks

Have you called GGB, they may take it back. I had an issue with one and they refunded my money and paid to ship it back.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is weird how some have good luck with one brand and then another guy tests the exact same brand is losing RPM and significant power loss. I'm talking about the GGB. They ran stock exhaust on clicker 3 and then had to run the clicker on 5 to make up for rpm loss on the GGB can.

Well at least they ran the stock can first and noticed that the can lost power.

Roybrew

Reaction score
In your picture I see you took off the black plastic piece that connects to the coolant tank (where the black screw is on the coolant tank) as it probably rubbed against the exhaust probe insertion on the new specialty can? I gather that would melt? I am just putting my Specialty can on now and see it would probably melt.

Thanks for posting.

Dan

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Gonna install a couple cooker cans today. Heehaw

Yes, the real cooker can………theThing! Al and Kathy sent a couple out on the Hound and I received them late yesterday. Gonna be sweet

I will do an audio video later this afternoon. As Al has mentioned in previous posts, the sound of this version is amazing.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you called GGB, they may take it back. I had an issue with one and they refunded my money and paid to ship it back.

well .. noone seemed to want to take care of the loudness issue, so I sold the can at a loss with full disclosure that it was too loud ... I'm done with aftermarket cans .. they all suck
been through a thing cooker
tss tunnel dump
and ggb trail can

Even if they sound good and work good for a while, the issues will start after a few months.. as if they "fall apart" inside or something

they can all suck-a-ma-b@lls .. stock and quiet for me from now on.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Gonna install a couple cooker cans today. Heehaw

Yes, the real cooker can………theThing! Al and Kathy sent a couple out on the Hound and I received them late yesterday. Gonna be sweet

I will do an audio video later this afternoon. As Al has mentioned in previous posts, the sound of this version is amazing.

Here is a link to the Snowmobile Chat thread. I posted a few pictures of using the foil wrap and an audio video with the idle sound of theThing.

https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat/109274-cooker-5.html

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put the GGB mountain can on mine this evening and will let you know how it performs tommorow

Summit74

Reaction score
Running the Diamond S Ti quiet can. First ride, sled ran great. The can is quiet, but has really nice tone to it when you get on it. The can weighs 3.7 lbs, so you save around 12lbs. Haven't weighed the stock can but I hear it's over 15lbs.

hotwing

Reaction score
well .. noone seemed to want to take care of the loudness issue, so I sold the can at a loss with full disclosure that it was too loud ... I'm done with aftermarket cans .. they all suck
been through a thing cooker
tss tunnel dump
and ggb trail can

Even if they sound good and work good for a while, the issues will start after a few months.. as if they "fall apart" inside or something

they can all suck-a-ma-b@lls .. stock and quiet for me from now on.

the quiet tss tunnel dump was the best!!! you didn't like yours?
i'm doing that ggb trail can on mine... then again i mainly go sledding to eat food.
lets go for a rip soon!

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rode 2 days in Blue River with a GGB mtn can on my 850. No issues, no loss of power or codes, ran great, nice sound...loud yeah but same as any other can. It was not obnoxious by an means. Very happy with it.

Ray509

Reaction score
the sled sheds are good, tons of guys in the okanagan / Thompson run em and no check engines, and their heavy gauge not paper thin, so they last. I really wanted one but allways sold out and hard to find, so stuck with my GGB trail which works great love it, it does rattle a bit they should add a spring to suck it out away from the chain case mine rubs on that chain case bolt too a tiny bit. good sound tho not too loud id say 20% louder then stock at idle/part throttle 40% louder at mid throttle under load and 60% louder at WOT .I had a TSS mtn can and that was 200% louder at wot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom