850 ETEC, anyone break 5,000km yet?

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been looking at used sleds there’s hardly an 850 for sale that don’t have new motors.
I think this may have to do with the longer warranty. People sell with a warrantied fresh engine for maximum resale rather than part out or fix and keep.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't say I've seen any go past 5k. Nice sled but not long lasting.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread doesn’t give me warm fuzzy feelings.

Skidoo owners used to brag about the longevity of a etec, now it seems to be the opposite.
I still remember the marketing for the new 850 in 2016:
4 - stroke longevity, reduced oil consumption and 165hp, but 10 more than the 163hp we advertised the 800 at. :LOL:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this may have to do with the longer warranty. People sell with a warrantied fresh engine for maximum resale rather than part out or fix and keep.

Yah but you can’t go to the dealer and say I want to sell my sled so put a fresh motor in. It has to be blown up for them to do that.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend had his 2021 flown out of Morrissey (Fernie) the other day. Less than 1500 on it.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The variable is . What oil? What fuel? Are you a animal ? HaHa. My 2018 850 at 2500 km has been perfect.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil calibration might need adjustment on any new Doo. 7 different oil pumps. Gotta make sure settings is right for the pump that’s in it. Think that’s what happened to Muskoka yesterday.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil calibration might need adjustment on any new Doo. 7 different oil pumps. Gotta make sure settings is right for the pump that’s in it. Think that’s what happened to Muskoka yesterday.
Maybe didn't get the update done for the 2022's? That would pizz me off if dealer hadn't done it at predelivery.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was wondering the same but you'd think that if he didn't have the update it would have failed sooner unless the ecu value and the pump value were close enough to let it run this long. hard to believe though that someone like him isn't aware of the update.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe didn't get the update done for the 2022's? That would pizz me off if dealer hadn't done it at predelivery.
my dealer didn't do the update when i picked up my sled. i had to call them the next day and tell them about it. i was less than impressed.

Top Bottom