800R Etec JUNK. Ski-doo knows it and doesn't care.

harveyr1

Reaction score
Go buy a puppy man.... Nobody reads this baby crap. especially when its somebody that JUST makes a user name for ONE thread... You needed a hug.... you came here.

Ive been reading this forum for over a year...

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
But didn't have anything to contribute until you broke your machine and needed to lay blame on someone? Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But didn't have anything to contribute until you broke your machine and needed to lay blame on someone? Lol

Maybe he didn't post since you guys are all dinks. Anyways. Let us know what happens I've heard with enough phone calls brp usually will fix you up a month or two out of warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Business has just picked up for the long drive to Valemount this weekend gentleman.....Lmao!!:crapfan:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
booo hooo !!! fix it and ride it do you think it wont ever blow up....sorry just kidding:nono:

harveyr1

Reaction score
Maybe he didn't post since you guys are all dinks. Anyways. Let us know what happens I've heard with enough phone calls brp usually will fix you up a month or two out of warranty

BRP doesn't even want calls anymore. They want you to submit your feedback online using no more than 500 characters.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
If BRP fielded calls from customers mad about broken parts out of warranty they would have their hands full.. As would any other manufacturer. This is one of the many reasons to develop a good relationship with a reputable dealer... If the dealer goes to bat for you... They will fix it! But if your running across the border.. Or driving four hours to save ten dollars to buy a sled... They don't really have a reason to spend time, money and resources to help you out! Not saying that that's what you did... But really... It sounds like your dealer is just washing their hands of you for whatever reason.

harveyr1

Reaction score
If BRP fielded calls from customers mad about broken parts out of warranty they would have their hands full.. As would any other manufacturer. This is one of the many reasons to develop a good relationship with a reputable dealer... If the dealer goes to bat for you... They will fix it! But if your running across the border.. Or driving four hours to save ten dollars to buy a sled... They don't really have a reason to spend time, money and resources to help you out! Not saying that that's what you did... But really... It sounds like your dealer is just washing their hands of you for whatever reason.

Perhaps you didn't fully read my original post. My dealer has tried to get skidoo to cover the defective crank assembly. They aren't washing their hands of me.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you didn't fully read my original post. My dealer has tried to get skidoo to cover the defective crank assembly. They aren't washing their hands of me.

Dude if they(your dealer) wanted to they'd getter done. I know guys with big bores that still get warranty on cranks. I feel for you, that sucks. Fix it, sell it buy something else.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i feel for you i hate when my sleds down especially if i miss a trip because of it. but they always break its just when and sucks its past warranty.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the pros, piston kits at 1500 km (if you're lucky). and you're complaining about 4000?

Give your head a shake. Everyone I know has well over 2000km without an issue. Only reason you think this is because the only people on this site bitching are odd balls with issues. These are the brilliant minds that pin their sleds in the parking lot seconds after starting it and forget that vehicles need maintenance. This goes for any brand, as some people have the capability of blowing up everything they own

If anything these forums should scare anyone from buying used sleds

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still wondering about that blurb on the recall involving 2012's and 13's.
Me too. I check my vin against the list. Mine is a 000191 which isn't on the list. But 192 and 193 are. Does anyone know what the difference is? Different lot # of pistons used maybe? Very curious

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i understand and that materials can be bad, it shouldn't be my issue that skidoo provided me with a machine that contains faulty material.

You had two years for it to be faulty, if it was i dont think it would have lasted this long. But you seemed convinced otherwise. Good luck!

Give your head a shake. Everyone I know has well over 2000km without an issue. Only reason you think this is because the only people on this site bitching are odd balls with issues. These are the brilliant minds that pin their sleds in the parking lot seconds after starting it and forget that vehicles need maintenance. This goes for any brand, as some people have the capability of blowing up everything they own

If anything these forums should scare anyone from buying used sleds

LOL, as I know of at least 6 people personally who have installed fix kits and know a dealer who does hundreds I think it fair to say they have a problem. Not sure what those 2000 km are off of but I'd start replacing pistons ASAP. Not sure how many of that 2000 km is trails but If I were you and I rode with those guys, I'd carry an extra tow rope.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You had two years for it to be faulty, if it was i dont think it would have lasted this long. But you seemed convinced otherwise. Good luck!

LOL, as I know of at least 6 people personally who have installed fix kits and know a dealer who does hundreds I think it fair to say they have a problem. Not sure what those 2000 km are off of but I'd start replacing pistons ASAP. Not sure how many of that 2000 km is trails but If I were you and I rode with those guys, I'd carry an extra tow rope.

its sad that polaris won't remedy the issue's with the liberty 800. great sled not so great motor.

harveyr1

Reaction score
its sad that polaris won't remedy the issue's with the liberty 800. great sled not so great motor.

A friend of mine has had his polaris 800 burn down 4 times in the last 2 seasons. He paid for the first time, the dealer paid for the next 2 and then he got sick of it and traded (still burned down). The dealer rebuilt it again before putting it on the floor and determined that Polaris was putting injectors for the 600s in the boxes of injectors for the 800s. This was causing the constantly lean situation and burning the sled down. Could not varify if 600 injectors were installed from factory though since those injectors were changed out during the first rebuild.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too. I check my vin against the list. Mine is a 000191 which isn't on the list. But 192 and 193 are. Does anyone know what the difference is? Different lot # of pistons used maybe? Very curious

Samething for me, curious as well.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll if you have a 2012 that's on the list it's pretty clear. For us we never ride below 4000ft so a lot of people are good. However If your sled is on the list and you ride above and below 4000ft I would be questioning your dealer as to te correct action to take.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go buy a puppy man.... Nobody reads this baby crap. especially when its somebody that JUST makes a user name for ONE thread... You needed a hug.... you came here.

you been F**king the dog so long that now you have puppies to give away?????................lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom