800R Etec JUNK. Ski-doo knows it and doesn't care.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has had his polaris 800 burn down 4 times in the last 2 seasons. He paid for the first time, the dealer paid for the next 2 and then he got sick of it and traded (still burned down). The dealer rebuilt it again before putting it on the floor and determined that Polaris was putting injectors for the 600s in the boxes of injectors for the 800s. This was causing the constantly lean situation and burning the sled down. Could not varify if 600 injectors were installed from factory though since those injectors were changed out during the first rebuild.

thats messed up man

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats messed up man

My neighbor burned his '12 Pro down twice in 300 miles. First time under warranty, second time he paid labor as it was a month off warranty.
After that it got unloaded off the truck and sold with 0 miles and the new owner got 200 miles and burned it up a third time. Ya they got a problem alright.

5000km on a top end is really good but the bottom end should last much longer imo.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be worse. My 09 made it 1750 km before it tore up top and bottom ends in a heli out only spot! Makes me miss my trusty ol 670!

harveyr1

Reaction score
Could be worse. My 09 made it 1750 km before it tore up top and bottom ends in a heli out only spot! Makes me miss my trusty ol 670!

Yeah, that is pretty bad... I only had to tow mine 35-40 miles back to camp. On the plus side... The 1200 4-tec that pulled me did so without a hitch. 7000 miles on that bad boy with only one major issue...the reverse gear is never works properly. The linkage binds and the handle keep breaking.

Top Bottom