800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP?

05Cummins

Reaction score
Just had our mud bog it confirmed if you ride anything but can am you ride for second place!

The finishing order was Can Am then after them it was the rest!

Our mud bog was a horse shoe pit and showed that the visco is king the other brands could not make the turn with the diff lock on.
Im not a brand loyal guy I have owned other brands just think the Can Am at the moment has the game wrapped up!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What game? the man made mud bog game where the ground is even at the bottom and drilling big holes in your tires will make you pull faster times?

That's funny you know because I've pulled my fair share of can-am 800s out of the non man made mud holes those ones you find in the wilderness and such lol.

You know the rutted out ones that can-am's clearance couldn't quite find traction in the same hole that i drove through and then back through again.

I'm not gonna try and say I've never gotten stuck in a skeg hole or nasty peanut butter , but never once have i been going along and said ch!t i wouldn't have gotten stuck here if i had a can-am 800. or a XP850.

Considering both the can-am and the popo have similar dif locking systems i have to say your point is null. between the 2 id have to say it comes down to weight and hp and then ground clearance.

now i have seen some hills when I've been up in cadomin area where i wished i had a dirt bike or a done up sport quad but that's a different story.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... Once I get some silverbacks on my brute no stock outlander or xp can touch me!!

Sent from my white iPhone 4

shenry

Reaction score
You should post some pics incessant you got the upgrades done. Should look and perform pretty awesome.

Here are some before and afters, still have to put on the rhino axles but the OEM's are holding up, next week they will be on. The 2.5 inch EZ Blue spacers I ordered for the XP came with nuts that were an inch too long and I had to cut them....pain in the ass, I'll give them sh%t on Tuesday. The Zilla tires with the 1.5 inch front spacers have an mildly annoying vibration under 10km/hr but then the small vibration is completely gone above 10k.

Sticker1.png

Sticker2.png

P1340214.jpg

P1340239.jpg

Clearance.png

Quad3.png

Quad5.png

Quad1.png

Quad6.png

seanwheelie.png

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some before and afters, still have to put on the rhino axles but the OEM's are holding up, next week they will be on. The 2.5 inch EZ Blue spacers I ordered for the XP came with nuts that were an inch too long and I had to cut them....pain in the ass, I'll give them sh%t on Tuesday. The Zilla tires with the 1.5 inch front spacers have an mildly annoying vibration under 10km/hr but then the small vibration is completely gone above 10k.

Sticker1.png

Sticker2.png

P1340214.jpg

P1340239.jpg

Clearance.png

Quad3.png

Quad5.png

Quad1.png

Quad6.png

seanwheelie.png

I don't see any training wheels.. ? Lol

Sent from my white iPhone 4

shenry

Reaction score
I only took them off for the photo, their back on now. LOL

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My drunkenness has nothing to do with can am's awesomeness!

hahahahahahahahaha!!!! they might be better if they improve the snorkel system on them. till that happens il keep towing my buddies 800 xtp home after every other water hole! other than that they seem ok. but il know for sure when it has as many kms as my xp 850 (5476kms) with as few problems:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

shenry

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer who was down in Tenessee for the Polaris show and he tried the 850 HO. The newest upgrade I heard was that along with the bigger throttle bodies and airbox bringing it to 77HP is the clutching. The clutch has been refined to offer smoother acceleration of the start and gets more power to the ground quicker throghout the entire range, not just 20 % at the start. Combine that with 7 more HP and he said there is a considerable difference. I don't think the HO can beat the 1000 Can Am but I think it will be real close and with the 800 Can Am being lighter I think the HO will be just as close but I think the HO will have the 800 Can Am beat in a drag now. I am pumped to see the shootouts, does anyone know who will offer and when will the first shootouts arrive.?

Top Bottom