800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP?

shenry

Reaction score
You work one day a year....what you do with the rest of your time.

I did a bad thing today, I called a Can Am dealer and got some information, garsh forbid, my Mommy slapped me for that when I got of the phone. I am going to go look at their 1000. Apparently it's been overhauled and the guy actually said that they took some pointers from the 850 XP and that the 1000 actually looks like the XP, but then he said it's better, whoo boy, so we will see. They will have a demo in three weeks and I will get a call to go try it out, suppose to have a better ride now. The XP HO in Canada is tagged at 11,700 for the Limited Browning Edition or 11,000 without and the Can Am Outlander 1000 is 13,000 for the XT and they do not offer the xmr with the 1000. Can Am comes with a few extras and does have 5 more HP and the dealer here offers a 2 year warranty and he said if I lifted it 3 inches with 30 inch tires that they would still honor the warranty. Polaris only offered 6 months and apparently the Can Am 1000 has stronger axles according to the dealer for Can Am. I wonder if the stock axles will hold up to bigger tires and a lift, that sure would be a nice feature, to not have to change out you axles for mild lifts. If the Can Am 1000 holds it's own this year and Polaris does not come out with a 900 in 2013, then the 1000 is looking pretty good, but again we shall see what happens when the reviews come in. Can't wait, do you know of any shootouts coming in the near future?

shenry

Reaction score
I will wait until Polaris evaluates it...can't trust anyone else.

Polaris is the best and they never lie, finally you understand, good for you, when did you get all growed up.:eek:

shenry

Reaction score
This thread is still going, never say die, unless you own a Can Am. Polaris is the best :cool:

shenry

Reaction score
LOL tell that to my X MR which i use to tow po po s out of the skeg and up hills...

When you finish pulling those imaginary po's out of the mud I'll be waiting for ya at the top of the hill.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BruteForces are always making sure them puddles 'aint too deep or hills aren't too steep. ;)

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with Tex he will tell you the real story. Lol

you got her.... po po's suck benwa balls..... can ham's are good as long as the frames stay straight.. but u still have to buy skid plates to beef it up at least or else

shenry

Reaction score
See? THAT'S the kind of in-depth, non-biased, investigative reporting that we all can learn from....and we all though Silly Henry was crazy....

Now we are all starting to get there, say it with me...Polaris is the best

Top Bottom