800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP?

shenry

Reaction score
Shenry,get your azz in here......

I wonder if now that the 1000 outlander being close to the weight of the 850 will even be able to compete with there 800 which is so much lighter in the mud. I hope I can upgrade to the 850 HO mod they have for the 2012. Would be nice. I have my rhino axles.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if now that the 1000 outlander being close to the weight of the 850 will even be able to compete with there 800 which is so much lighter in the mud. I hope I can upgrade to the 850 HO mod they have for the 2012. Would be nice. I have my rhino axles.

That's yesterday's news... The real talk is that new arctic crap sxs that came out... :d

Sent from my white iPhone 4

shenry

Reaction score
That's yesterday's news... The real talk is that new arctic crap sxs that came out... :d

Arctic Cat could come out with 2000cc's and it would still be under the weather. There 1000 should have been in a class of it's own. I hope they do good with the sxs, should be exciting. I have to go look this up now. I can't wait to see the shootouts for 2012.

shenry

Reaction score
I am still here......waiting for 2012.........It's lunch time over here in Ontario. Where is everyone else? It would be a shame to let this educational thread die out....lot of work to argue like retards for 27 pages. Maybe we should retitle it for 2012. "800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP + 2012" Hopefully I can post some before and after posts of my Quad Thursday of next week. I put Catvos lift on last week and this week I got my rhino axles and the spacers came in today. Also have the 30 inch zillas mounted on the stock rims ready for camp. I think my next mod will be in January, I think I will custom fit a 900 rzr motor into my XP.....what do you think?

shenry

Reaction score
Where did all the Can Am guys go, I must say I am really liking that 1000 Outy with 82HP but everything else remains the same...what a shame but 82 hp, that's a big difference from 70. I hope the XP poo steps it up. The Poo is having there 2012 release in Tennesee. I called my dealer and the salesman is down there now taking a look at the new 2012's. I talked with his son, so hopefully he gets my message, I asked him to find out if the HO mod will be transferable to the 2011- 2009's. I will be calling him Tuesday. I wish they put that 88hp 900 in, that would have been nice, maybe theres still a chance, maybe that's why Can Am is being so quiet:confused:

shenry

Reaction score
Being that these Can Am motors are so advanced, why is it that there 1000 has less hp than a Polaris 900....just saying. But from what I have read, rumors, truth, whatever, I think the Can Am gets more Hp to the wheels so if the Poo had 88 in the 900 and the Outy had 82 it sure would be a wicked shootout. But 77 for the Poo will have to do for now I think. Have to see???

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say it'd be wise of polaris to put the 900 xp into the sportsman. Having a shootout between that and a outty 1000 would be nuts!

Someone obviously hasn't seen the 900XP engine... Much too big for a quad. If you want a 900 Sportsman, better wait until they punch out the 850cc block.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone obviously hasn't seen the 900XP engine... Much too big for a quad. If you want a 900 Sportsman, better wait until they punch out the 850cc block.
Yeah you're right I haven't seen the XP 900 engine. I just assumed if can am could fit their 1000 in a quad Polaris should be able to fit their 900 into one.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly, i'd like to see Polaris really step up to the plate and start producing the new sporty performance oriented 4x4's....
look at Kawasaki, with there new 450 sport 4 x 4, the industry is going this way and can-am is leading the way... everyone will have to follow...
and will.. it take years for the public to reliese what true performance is. every thing that brp does to there quads is direct feedback from there heavy involvment
in racing... every thing that changes on there quads is race inspired... look at the new mustang boss and laguna versions... these 2 mustang's are totally developed
from the racing world.. for 2012.. to be sold to the general public, for heaven sake! i seen them when i was at SEMA in vegas last year being reveiled.. there is a show on speed thats called MUSTANG 302,, if not fimliar, then you should watch it and it will educate you on what these two mustangs are all about... shoot im not even a real mustang fan.. im a chevy guy but still very cool.

i mean this is only for the perforamance minded person... utility is still utility.. some throw the sport into there utility but still not true performance....
The new geomerty on the can-ams is sick... i have talked to 3 of the testers in the us already and things look pretty good...
the owner of my dealership i go to.. is thinking that they might have a 1000 rene after the August long already and i believe it will be a demo..
i will be taking the 1000 out as soon as it comes in for a weekend... i think i will get it for the sept long for 3 days... thats the plan.. whereever i go, some few lucky ones will have a chance to give it a try... but im respomsible for it.

Last edited:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polaris has always had a sport 4x4 but it is extreamly out dated. The scrambler needs to be redone with irs and a the 850 engine, Then we would have one mean, light, 4x4.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you're right I haven't seen the XP 900 engine. I just assumed if can am could fit their 1000 in a quad Polaris should be able to fit their 900 into one.

The 850 has enough power, a 900 would just be a selling feature that's isnt needed yet. I think they should just up te power on the 850

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly, i'd like to see Polaris really step up to the plate and start producing the new sporty performance oriented 4x4's....
look at Kawasaki, with there new 450 sport 4 x 4, the industry is going this way and can-am is leading the way... everyone will have to follow...
and will.. it take years for the public to reliese what true performance is. every thing that brp does to there quads is direct feedback from there heavy involvment
in racing... every thing that changes on there quads is race inspired... look at the new mustang boss and laguna versions... these 2 mustang's are totally developed
from the racing world.. for 2012.. to be sold to the general public, for heaven sake! i seen them when i was at SEMA in vegas last year being reveiled.. there is a show on speed thats called MUSTANG 302,, if not fimliar, then you should watch it and it will educate you on what these two mustangs are all about... shoot im not even a real mustang fan.. im a chevy guy but still very cool.

i mean this is only for the perforamance minded person... utility is still utility.. some throw the sport into there utility but still not true performance....
The new geomerty on the can-ams is sick... i have talked to 3 of the testers in the us already and things look pretty good...
the owner of my dealership i go to.. is thinking that they might have a 1000 rene after the August long already and i believe it will be a demo..
i will be taking the 1000 out as soon as it comes in for a weekend... i think i will get it for the sept long for 3 days... thats the plan.. whereever i go, some few lucky ones will have a chance to give it a try... but im respomsible for it.
You're crazy. The Polaris commercials/videos PROVE that Polaris is the best. Why do you waste your time with Can Am?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're crazy. The Polaris commercials/videos PROVE that Polaris is the best. Why do you waste your time with Can Am?

Oh yes. Forgot about that. Can-am has no chance at pulling a tree...?

:d

Top Bottom