80-90 more days

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running about 12 degree with 2' keel strip of teflon, but my 13' mini is only 4' 6" wide at the bottom. Most guys I've seen run 8 degree with full teflon and 3/8" thick aluminum in the bottom.
That should be fun. You build it yourself? Details?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My little boat is 15 ft , 8 degree, full Teflon. Built by Risley in Grande Prairie, Amazingly tough boat .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone running for iron? 8 degree stuff with Teflon?

Mines a 12 degree only a 0.2" bottom with a 0.25" strip down the middle. It's a Harborcraft Whitewater 1875. I don't think it would go where LennyR and guys go. Putting graphite paint on the bottom this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines a 12 degree only a 0.2" bottom with a 0.25" strip down the middle. It's a Harborcraft Whitewater 1875. I don't think it would go where LennyR and guys go. Putting graphite paint on the bottom this year.

I'm going to do mine too. I love the QT on my boat

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do mine too. I love the QT on my boat

My strip down the middle is only aluminum. But was thinking of taking it off and replacing it with qt-100.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bottom is only 3/16. That qt makes it a whole new boat.

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
Also gonna have to try & break the distance up Cornwall creek record this year again.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also gonna have to try & break the distance up Cornwall creek record this year again.

Haha, I don't know the way way mike, is it ok if I ride with you ?? :). I'll bring a winch and vodka and ice !!!!!!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Same as sleds or bikes Neil, they're all sort of purpose built it seems. They will all go anywhere, but if it's the wrong application , the cheque book will come out. Early in the year in high water and small creeks you can get away with a lot in any boat, later when the water is between the rocks it's a lot tougher on bottoms. If you're ever up here , make sure and let us know, bunch of guys on here that you can jump in with anytime.

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
Haha, I don't know the way way mike, is it ok if I ride with you ?? :). I'll bring a winch and vodka and ice !!!!!!

I think we should both ride with Ross, he rode with me last year. Try & get Shiny up there to show him where his little boat can really go.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we should both ride with Ross, he rode with me last year. Try & get Shiny up there to show him where his little boat can really go.

I'm in. You ok with this Ross, I'll try and not spill a drink.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Aaron

Looks tons better than the brushed aluminum before hey?

Things are tight right now. Wanted to go to riggins because it's a riot but haven't won the lottery yet. GP will be the first race. You guys?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's always been a beautiful boat, even back to the "family affair" days! We haven't blown the dust off of her yet but soon I think. Not 100% on the plans but GP sounds good to me, Racing in that wet gravel pit is a blast!

Last edited:
Top Bottom