8 Tickets Of Bitterness-Dirtbiking In The Snow

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
8 Tickets Of Bitterness

I had a 1976 YZ 100 that I was fixing up long, long ago in a neighbourhood far away. January, bored, itching to go for a ride could only bring one logical answer-take out the bike! Things went well, going up and down the alleys(when we had alleys) and just generally putting around.
I was in an icy alley going up a long mild hill when I noticed an older truck with 3 guys sitting beside each other, an old bench seat model, following behind me. I tried to lose them just going around the block and coming into the alley again but just a bit faster this time. They were still behind me! As I came to the top of the alley and a paved road I stalled the bike. I was in a too high a gear on a bike that had absolutely NO low end power, plus I was nervous cause these guys were tailing me. DAMN!

As I tried to push start the bike, slipping in the snow one of the guys got out of the truck and ran after me, my bike was just sputtering to life as I ran with it and I felt his hand grab my right shoulder then slip off(he fell) as I speeded away at high RPM throwing roost, never looking back while he tumbled on the ice!
I thought I made it! I got into 5th down the road, going pretty fast, came to another paved road that required me to take a right turn. No problem. I accelerated down that road, winding it out in 4th then upshifting to 5th and thats when It happened. I stripped my shifter, damn thing, it was loose and I was stuck in 5th! As I came to a turn I NEEDED to make to get to safety it stalled again. Before I could fix it those guys came flying down the road in their truck and all 3 jumped out and ran over to me. Off duty cops. They scared the crap out of me. They made me push the bike home up the big snowy hills and said they'd be back to see me in the morning.
Well, a cop car pulled in at 8 am and the guy wrote me 8 tickets while he put me down verbally. Tickets that I have to this day. I keep them on the fridge. Part of my festering bitterness I suppose. I had to work off those expensive tickets at Pound Makers Lodge over a long period of time.

I make sure my bikes 100% now.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what really made me laugh was the stripped shifter....my cousin had that vintage of YZ with a pair of vice grips for a shifter

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the bike. A 1976 YZ 100 monoshock Yamy:

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 249

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome story thanks for sharing lol.

Sent from my iPhone

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll dig them out and we'll see. Hmmm...Improper muffler, no horn, registration and insurance, no license, no helmet, no brake or tail light. Hah! Honestly, I thought they were trying to steal my bike. They threw the book at me. he was pretty angry that he fell. Lol
What the heck were the 8 tickets for?!
IMG_1041.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 128
Top Bottom