78 john deere liquifire

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all i am looking into a 78 440 liquifire just wondering if anyone knows where too get a cdi, stator, and coil... so i can find out prices so i can deal with this guy a little.. i will probably need more parts as well but that is it for now... the guy wants 450 for it and i am thinking that the parts should be around 300 just for the stator,cdi, and coil but not sure ... or maybe you know some one that has one laying around with extra parts .... i think this would be a good rebuild... thanks

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Snowmobile Heaven in Rimbey 403-843-3654. They're sort of a guru in old vintage sled parts.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey all i am looking into a 78 440 liquifire just wondering if anyone knows where too get a cdi, stator, and coil... So i can find out prices so i can deal with this guy a little.. I will probably need more parts as well but that is it for now... The guy wants 450 for it and i am thinking that the parts should be around 300 just for the stator,cdi, and coil but not sure ... Or maybe you know some one that has one laying around with extra parts .... I think this would be a good rebuild... Thanks

i had a 78 440 liquifire...awesome sled in it's day.....fassssst

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked on ebay? I just bought an 84 Excel for my kids to open christmas morning, and I have gotten a few things for it off of ebay.
I was just looking at my Royal Distributing catalogue and found the following:
Stator - No Listing
CDI - No listing for the 78 liquifier but they list the trailfire 440 - 86.99 (maybe they are compatible?)
Ignition Coil - 34.99
Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's that performance shop out by Calmar....he is a JD sled guy.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
not sure yet... I think is cdi only he said all parts there

actually, the coil wires burning off, just outside the ignition coil is a common problem......... I thought i needed a cdi or stator too, until i got into testing the spark, and found the coil wires were shorted inside the coil and grounding......... I bet if you replace the coil wires, it will have spark :)

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could even try clarence at canadian motor sports in edmonton in the westend, he has a large amount of old sleds

Golbinator

Reaction score
theres a place in bluesky alberta near fairview that had a bunch of old john deere sleds...name is rec-vec
or in leduc alberta centerpoint performance deals with john deere sleds i bought new head gasket, fuel guage, windshielad and rewind for mine there last year and my dad got skis there a couple years ago

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can try Landon and Marti, at The Sled Parlour, 403-337-4093, I know he has alot of old JD's laying around.

Top Bottom