750 Storm Turbo?

Super Kaz

Reaction score
any idea why it melted down? not enough fuel? I ran a homemade type of jet system......took a fuel valve of a B&S engine and silver soldered a tub on.....I tapped in to the float bowl and put a primmer fitting and ran hose up to the valve....I'm trying to remember but 1 turn was 2 jet sizes.....it has been 14 years....cant remember! the funny part was I just found one of my spare fuel valve just a few days ago when going through some boxes.....boy does that bring back memories! lol do you have EGT/AF gauge or how are you tunning......that was always my bad point...I dont remember a wide band A/F gauge......I ran a race pack with EGT......the 670 worked great.....well for it's day.....never blew up....almost like my yamy....just a lot lighter lol

now you got me thinking about pulling out my 809 triple out of my ZX.....I want to put a 670 in for the kid but a turbo 670 would work great.....lol

It has a Digatron set-up. I think the guy ran too much boost for pump gas. I checked the boost controller and it was turned all the way up. I plan on running 100 octane and I bought a step colder heat range plugs for it. The original owner who had it built used it to run 1000' drags with it, but only ran it on race fuel. between the plugs, good gas and fattening it up I think it will be fine. If not I been looking into a air to air intercooler.

Top Bottom